Zwift Chat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

bobinski

Legendary Member
1969BFDE-034F-423C-AF1F-086EE5866540.jpeg

kipster

Guru
Then I’ll pass, I don’t see the incentive.
I signed up becasue I was curious, having ditched RGT fairly quickly I felt guilty and thought I should at least ride VirtuGo and provide feedback to them. It has some promise but doesn't offer anything new. I prefer BigRingVR probably because it's very different to zwift being just video rides, but I didn't do many sessions on it when it was free so wont be subscribing to it. I will continue with Zwift, mainly due to to the people here and the challenges and banter. VirtuGo need to improve the service and quickly to keep the beta testers happy.

OP
OP
CXRAndy

CXRAndy

Guru
Zwift will be the main platform for the foreseeable future. BigRingVR and TR are completely different so will be popular in their own right.

bobinski

Legendary Member
Zwift will be the main platform for the foreseeable future. BigRingVR and TR are completely different so will be popular in their own right.

No, I see bkool playing a blinder, releasing updated software with an accuracy, reliability and polish the other sim providers can only dream of. Mind you they will raise the price to new users, and let current users know the price will go up in 12 months, keeping users like Whorty happy, for the time being at least ;)

bridgy

Legendary Member
No, I see bkool playing a blinder, releasing updated software with an accuracy, reliability and polish the other sim providers can only dream of. Mind you they will raise the price to new users, and let current users know the price will go up in 12 months, keeping users like Whorty happy, for the time being at least ;)
Wake up Bob, you're having a nightmare!

I don't think anyone's got "everything" just right yet, although Zwift is definitely winning the number of users and the PR battle! And rightly so, as they do have the best overall product, helped by the fact that they do have a healthy interaction with their users and a desire to improve things based on user feedback.

Bkool is a bit woeful in this respect as we know, but after a couple of months mostly Zwifting, I did a race on Bkool on Saturday with Bill and AAAC and enjoyed it more than pretty much any Zwift race I've done. The experience of drafting in a small group on Bkool is hugely better than Zwift. Which is a bit ironic as the lack of users on Bkool means most races are like an individual time trial, whilst Zwift is much more about group riding - I'd love to import the way drafting works on Bkool into Zwift!

bobinski

Legendary Member
Wake up Bob, you're having a nightmare!

I don't think anyone's got "everything" just right yet, although Zwift is definitely winning the number of users and the PR battle! And rightly so, as they do have the best overall product, helped by the fact that they do have a healthy interaction with their users and a desire to improve things based on user feedback.

Bkool is a bit woeful in this respect as we know, but after a couple of months mostly Zwifting, I did a race on Bkool on Saturday with Bill and AAAC and enjoyed it more than pretty much any Zwift race I've done. The experience of drafting in a small group on Bkool is hugely better than Zwift. Which is a bit ironic as the lack of users on Bkool means most races are like an individual time trial, whilst Zwift is much more about group riding - I'd love to import the way drafting works on Bkool into Zwift!

^_^

I have raced less than most on zwift but have enjoyed drafting/chain ganging in small groups precisely because it reminded me of a few bkool races including one with You and Andy. I suspect it helps when we know and are competing with those we are drafting with. I get this a bit on some of the smaller Zsun rides. It sure sounded like a fun ride.
Bill and AAAC will never make it over to zwift but I am hoping in the new year we can all get together and race and see whether smaller group racing amonsgt competitive online mates can be as fun in zwift as bkool. Given the way you are all performing I expect to be pulling up the rear.

bridgy

Legendary Member
^_^

I have raced less than most on zwift but have enjoyed drafting/chain ganging in small groups precisely because it reminded me of a few bkool races including one with You and Andy. I suspect it helps when we know and are competing with those we are drafting with. I get this a bit on some of the smaller Zsun rides. It sure sounded like a fun ride.
Bill and AAAC will never make it over to zwift but I am hoping in the new year we can all get together and race and see whether smaller group racing amonsgt competitive online mates can be as fun in zwift as bkool. Given the way you are all performing I expect to be pulling up the rear.
It's not just the people, but the mechanics of how the simulators deal with drafting that make it better for me on Bkool (it's one of the few technical elements that Bkool do better than Zwift)

<Tommy>

Illegitimi non carborundum
^_^

Never say never Bob! I think there’s a good chance all the guys migrate over, but it may not come until their turbos need replacing. I’m hopeful anyways...

<Tommy>

I signed up becasue I was curious, having ditched RGT fairly quickly I felt guilty and thought I should at least ride VirtuGo and provide feedback to them. It has some promise but doesn't offer anything new. I prefer BigRingVR probably because it's very different to zwift being just video rides, but I didn't do many sessions on it when it was free so wont be subscribing to it. I will continue with Zwift, mainly due to to the people here and the challenges and banter. VirtuGo need to improve the service and quickly to keep the beta testers happy.

I sort of think if they want us to be guinea pigs they should offer us a reward Kip. The guys who beta tested bingringvr gave the developers tons of feed back. And as far as I can tell they’re now being told they’ve got one more month then they have to sub up to continue using it. We’ve garnered a fair bit of knowledge between us the last few years. Maybe they should be offering lifetime passes or at least a bigger incentive.

Aleman

Knees are FUBAR but I don't like to mention it
What BRVR have actually done is to offer to all those who sign up in the first two weeks (I would guess a large majority of Beta Testers), to fix the subscription price for ever, and offering a 20% discount, which I think is not a bad deal ... so $100 a year which is $80 after the discount around £60 a year ... For a 3 Account Family subscription! It's a pretty good. Ok it;s not going to be suitable for those that want to race (Watch the BRVR space), or Just workout (Watch the BRVR Space) Or ride 'socially' ( Join a club and ride IRL FFS!), but what it does it does it brilliantly.

It would be nice to see if they are going to add the option of the BKool as a dumb trainer and take Power from PM's if you have them??? @ibooij ???

<Tommy>

What BRVR have actually done is to offer to all those who sign up in the first two weeks (I would guess a large majority of Beta Testers), to fix the subscription price for ever, and offering a 20% discount, which I think is not a bad deal ... so $100 a year which is $80 after the discount around £60 a year ... For a 3 Account Family subscription! It's a pretty good. Ok it;s not going to be suitable for those that want to race (Watch the BRVR space), or Just workout (Watch the BRVR Space) Or ride 'socially' ( Join a club and ride IRL FFS!), but what it does it does it brilliantly.

It would be nice to see if they are going to add the option of the BKool as a dumb trainer and take Power from PM's if you have them??? @ibooij ???

That’s fine Aleman. And from what I understand bigringvr is already a good platform, offering something the others don’t. So there is mutual benefit in signing up. But this new offering isn’t is it. Anyone who signs up isn’t getting anything they don’t get from another platform already. So like I say, I’d need more incentive. Other than being asked to be a guinea pig for someone else’s profit.

Top Bottom