Zwift Chat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

bobinski

Legendary Member
It's not just the people, but the mechanics of how the simulators deal with drafting that make it better for me on Bkool (it's one of the few technical elements that Bkool do better than Zwift)

You may recall I was one of those that couldn't get the drafting right in bkool. :rolleyes:I can in zwift which is probably why i prefer it^_^

I did both, the flat course is mainly a load of 0% stuff with three really short hills, Soller is a lot of 7% with some easier bits in between. The overall rider experience was ok, but it needs a lot of work.
It wouldn't let me start on my Mac mini. Gave me an unknown developer warning. I'll wait to hear here if it's worth swapping out to a Windows PC. Thanks.

Last edited:

berty bassett

Legendary Member
just done 7km on it and i would say you aint missing anything at the minute - its like a more buggy bkool on your own - i had 1 bot that was left after 1 km and 2 others (i dont know if they were bots or not ) i didnt see them at all as they were half way round when i started
i wanted to see if it was any good for racing with all of us and if there is a way of all starting together then i think it would be
very very much like bkool with graphics jumping back and forth , not showing up on the board afterwards, showing no elevation
not worth the hassle at the minute

ibooij

Über Member
@Aleman You can already use BigRingVR with a dumb trainer and use the power from a PM. In fact, that how I've used BigRingVR when we started, as I had a no smart trainer, only a fluid trainer (Kurt Kinetic), but did own (and still do) a PM (Power2Max).

If you pair with both a smart trainer and a power meter, BigRingVR will use the power from the power meter to calculate speed, as our experience tells us that power from power meters is more accurate than trainer power.

Does that answer your question, @Aleman?

berty bassett

Legendary Member
trying to work it so i have to do the rapha challenge to reach my goal for this year - will give me more motivation - the only downside is that it has to be outside , me shoulder and pulled the muscle in me calf ( that does go up and down when i pedal Bob )
been taking it easy but got to do a few miles to put me in right position
wouldnt get away with 12 days though

bobinski

Legendary Member
trying to work it so i have to do the rapha challenge to reach my goal for this year - will give me more motivation - the only downside is that it has to be outside , me shoulder and pulled the muscle in me calf ( that does go up and down when i pedal Bob )
been taking it easy but got to do a few miles to put me in right position
wouldnt get away with 12 days though

You are falling apart mate! Don't worry-you beat me (for now) You can relax and stop taking your body to its limits:tongue:

bobinski

Legendary Member
Do you think that’s because you draft in larger groups in zwift generally? Or something else.

The draft is huge in larger groups and easier to hold even when on the limit provided you can keep legs and lungs going. But in a recent chain gang ride where my ftp went up I was working with a group of 5 taking stints at the front and revolving back and it felt like we were on a real road. Suspension of disbelief was awesome. The desire to push on with a like minded group and not to fall off the back quite something and one of my favourite rides ever. I did fall off a few times and had to put the extra effort to get back on and then ease/recover. I am not suggesting I felt an easing in resistance as such, my eyes were glued to the screen as we moved around each other and that will have added to send of being in and out and leading the group.

Aleman

Knees are FUBAR but I don't like to mention it
@Aleman You can already use BigRingVR with a dumb trainer and use the power from a PM. In fact, that how I've used BigRingVR when we started, as I had a no smart trainer, only a fluid trainer (Kurt Kinetic), but did own (and still do) a PM (Power2Max).

If you pair with both a smart trainer and a power meter, BigRingVR will use the power from the power meter to calculate speed, as our experience tells us that power from power meters is more accurate than trainer power.

Does that answer your question, @Aleman?
Oh yes more or less completely ...

... Can BKOOL use it as a smart trainer to vary the resistance but record watts with a PM ?? (I would guess that's ANT+FE-C)

Now I only need to find £800 for a pair of Garmin 3 pedals and I'm sorted :rofl: And the crazy thing is I didn't spend that on the bike when I bought it new 2 years ago :eek:

ibooij

Über Member
@Aleman I don't know if BKOOL can use the power from a power meter. It wouldn't be hard for them to do I'd say. If they can implement ANT+ FE-C (Fitness Equipment Control), it shouldn't be too hard to implement ANT+ Power profile as well.

Top Bottom