Zwift Chat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Legs

usually riding on Zwift...
I can go one better than that… I’ve beaten him in a club 10, circa 2002!
Not as impressive as it sounds: he was in his road bike and I think had done 100-odd miles that afternoon. Still, he had a number on his back!

I’m trying The Gorby tonight at 335W intervals, which is probably going to destroy me. I’ll be listening to the Canadian GP, too, so won’t even have Enya’s dulcet tones to get me through the pain 😌

Legs

usually riding on Zwift...
I’m trying The Gorby tonight at 335W intervals, which is probably going to destroy me…
Gruesome. With an overestimated FTP, that was utterly horrendous. Felt really tempted to dial down the bias a bit, but my fingers were too malcoordinated to find the right buttons to do it…

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)
That is some injury or looks very much like my shattered Calcaneus photo's.

Can you apply any weight to the leg yet?.

Yes, I can put weight down on the heel and I can put a bit of pressure on the ball of the foot. Outside of calf, about half way up, is very painful to touch. Ankle also very swollen still and tender but I wonder if that is due to me having to hobble differently and maybe I've twisted it sightly as the ankle wasn't hurting initially.

Heel/achilles area looks swollen too but doesn't feel too tender but is not perfect.

I'm going to book in with GP to see what they say and if they will refer me to someone. I'm not completely confident the A&E chap knew what he was looking for. Although he may be right, it may be a grade 3 calf tear.

JuhaL

Guru
Yes, I can put weight down on the heel and I can put a bit of pressure on the ball of the foot. Outside of calf, about half way up, is very painful to touch. Ankle also very swollen still and tender but I wonder if that is due to me having to hobble differently and maybe I've twisted it sightly as the ankle wasn't hurting initially.

Heel/achilles area looks swollen too but doesn't feel too tender but is not perfect.

I'm going to book in with GP to see what they say and if they will refer me to someone. I'm not completely confident the A&E chap knew what he was looking for. Although he may be right, it may be a grade 3 calf tear.

Any thought's how fast you can be back on a saddle?. You have been pretty good physical shape, hope it make that healing process faster.

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)
Any thought's how fast you can be back on a saddle?. You have been pretty good physical shape, hope it make that healing process faster.

Doc said anything from 6 - 12 weeks depending how bad the damage is and whether it turns out it is an achilles problem. If achilles then may need an operation so could be much, much longer. Just need to keep icing and resting and being patient (not something I good at).

OP
OP
CXRAndy

CXRAndy

Guru

Have you got a boot to wear. I had one after my cast. It was like a great big ski boot-you then inflated air bladders to give the right amount of support.

Best to get another opinion just incase 👍

JuhaL

Guru
Doc said anything from 6 - 12 weeks depending how bad the damage is and whether it turns out it is an achilles problem. If achilles then may need an operation so could be much, much longer. Just need to keep icing and resting and being patient (not something I good at).

All the best for that. I am struggling with my old spinal disc herniation issue now. Sometimes it doesn't bother me but now it came to say hi again.

mjd1988

Guru

That's awful man hope its the earlier side of that.

Defo would check in with gp just in case

Peter Salt

Bittersweet
OP
OP
CXRAndy

CXRAndy

Guru
Looks like he's got only one leg and an impressive winkle :laugh: No clue why he's wearing a KKK hat though :tongue:

What do you mean no nonsense. He says I+C=M... I+C clearly equals IC as UC.

It so true his colourful comments about people's addictions, lack of will power, excuses. We all do it to some extent.

I use his videos like the devil on your shoulder

Then I watch some gym fail clips for a real good laugh - 🤣

Or IOW clips 😁

bobinski

Legendary Member
All the best for that. I am struggling with my old spinal disc herniation issue now. Sometimes it doesn't bother me but now it came to say hi again.

You tried hanging? Mine rarely troubles me but if it does I hang from a bar for a while. For me at least the resulting stretching of the spine works wonders. Also, hanging is pretty good for you anyway.

Just don’t do it after sunset…

Last edited:

JuhaL

Guru
You tried hanging? Mine rarely troubles me but if it does I hang from a bar for a while. For me at least the resulting stretching of the spine works wonders. Also, hanging is pretty good for you anyway.

Just don’t do it after sunset…

Yes I tried and it help, better remember that not hang too long, maybe 30sec. Physiotherapist also give me homework what exercises I should do. Easily forget to do that when there is no symptoms :blush:. Need to check saddle height, it might be too high and lower a bit and see how it goes.

Top Bottom