Zwift Chat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Joffey

Big Dosser
Loads of impressive rides happening atm, or have recently happened. I have enjoyed reading about them but haven't really commented much as I'm still struggling with my injury and have been in a bad place mentally with all things cycling. I can only imagine how Carl is feeling with his - it's a right old kick in the clems when it strikes you down.

Anyway, my blog has been pretty pointless over the last few weeks but I did update it yesterday - it just shows how from riding 100 miles 6 weeks ago now I can barely manage over 20. Hopefully it will get better soon. Any advice would be appreciated from others who have had similar problems! :okay:

https://joffeyblog.wordpress.com/2022/06/20/week-23-24-back-at-it/

And this one with a bit about diagnosis...

https://joffeyblog.wordpress.com/2022/05/28/week-20-diagnosis-week-21-22-rest/

Advice / thoughts / insults all appreciated :laugh:

Last edited:

Peter Salt

Bittersweet
You could always enter The Beast on Saturday... :whistle:
To hand out food? ;):laugh:

Loads of impressive rides happening atm, or have recently happened. I have enjoyed reading about them but haven't really commented much as I'm still struggling with my injury. I can only imagine how Carl is feeling with his - it's a right old kick in the clems when it strikes you down.

Anyway, my blog has been pretty pointless over the last few weeks but I did update it yesterday - it just shows how from riding 100 miles 6 weeks ago now I can barely manage over 20. Hopefully it will get better soon. Any advice would be appreciated from others who have had similar problems! :okay:

I've got your blog in my bookmarks and have been popping in regularly.

Not that I'm terribly experienced in cycling or injuries and probably won't say anything you don't already know, but:
- always get a second opinion,
- do other exercises/physical activities when you can't cycle,
- take this opportunity to strengthen parts of the leg that are not affected,
- if you move less, eat less,
- ease it back in.
For me personally the mental part of injury was the worse - frustrating, depressing, agitating, you name it. Use the excess energy to do something else. I went out to the park and walked for 2 hours - better than scrolling YouTube and feeling disappointed in yourself. My physio also gave me a list of exercises that I could do without affecting the injured area.

bobinski

Legendary Member
Loads of impressive rides happening atm, or have recently happened. I have enjoyed reading about them but haven't really commented much as I'm still struggling with my injury and have been in a bad place mentally with all things cycling. I can only imagine how Carl is feeling with his - it's a right old kick in the clems when it strikes you down.

Get a scan in case you have an inguinal hernia. That moving pain especially in the testes is what I had. if the same I lowered saddle by 5-8mm so I wasn’t so stretched over the bike and that allowed me to ride after a minute or two of pain/discomfort.I had the operation yesterday and this comes to mind;

Attachments

• FEED2FE7-2ECD-4105-97C9-0B5DAC8D66E6.jpeg
    FEED2FE7-2ECD-4105-97C9-0B5DAC8D66E6.jpeg
    19.5 KB · Views: 2

Joffey

Big Dosser
To hand out food? ;):laugh:

I've got your blog in my bookmarks and have been popping in regularly.

Not that I'm terribly experienced in cycling or injuries and probably won't say anything you don't already know, but:
- always get a second opinion,
- do other exercises/physical activities when you can't cycle,
- take this opportunity to strengthen parts of the leg that are not affected,
- if you move less, eat less,
- ease it back in.
For me personally the mental part of injury was the worse - frustrating, depressing, agitating, you name it. Use the excess energy to do something else. I went out to the park and walked for 2 hours - better than scrolling YouTube and feeling disappointed in yourself. My physio also gave me a list of exercises that I could do without affecting the injured area.

EAT LESS???

Good comments there Pete - think I'll have to take up walking for a bit. Get some serious miles in rather than 10 minutes to the pub!

Joffey

Big Dosser
Get a scan in case you have an inguinal hernia. That moving pain especially in the testes is what I had. if the same I lowered saddle by 5-8mm so I wasn’t so stretched over the bike and that allowed me to ride after a minute or two of pain/discomfort.I had the operation yesterday and this comes to mind;

I was considering putting my saddle UP thinking I'd have to move less but after reading your reply that was a bit silly - I will have a little ride at the weekend with the saddle down and see if that makes it better for a bit :okay:

bobinski

Legendary Member
I was considering putting my saddle UP thinking I'd have to move less but after reading your reply that was a bit silly - I will have a little ride at the weekend with the saddle down and see if that makes it better for a bit :okay:

Higher, if you have a hernia, means that you bend more at hip/waist to bring upper body to the bars So more likely to push or strain hernia hence pain.

JuhaL

Guru
Higher, if you have a hernia, means that you bend more at hip/waist to bring upper body to the bars So more likely to push or strain hernia hence pain.

That was exactly what a situation was in my case when my saddle was too high. Now that I lower my saddle enough my spine, hip/waist are now better straighter line. I have ride too long with too high saddle so I won't surprise if my back still shows some symptoms. For example yesterday my back almost getting tired few times but then it relief, probably muscle memory I guess. Yesterday I didn't need to take a break because of back pain.

<Tommy>

Illegitimi non carborundum
All the best @Joffey! Hope you’re not too down in the dumps mate.

OP
OP
CXRAndy

CXRAndy

Guru
Got bloody covid now ... someone has it in for me at the moment!

Not having much luck there Carl.

I've got I hope just a cold, quite chesty last night and this morning, runny nose now. Tested negative but lateral flow jobs are at best, 50% accurately wrong. Few days off biking

Hope you don't feel too bad. My neighbour has come down with COVID last week, despite refusing to have any jabs. He's feeling quite rough. His whole family have had too to varying degrees

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)
Not having much luck there Carl.

I've got I hope just a cold, quite chesty last night and this morning, runny nose now. Tested negative but lateral flow jobs are at best, 50% accurately wrong. Few days off biking

Hope you don't feel too bad. My neighbour has come down with COVID last week, despite refusing to have any jabs. He's feeling quite rough. His whole family have had too to varying degrees

I'm in a team of 8, all work from home, 3 of us tested positive today. The other 2 it's the second time in a few months they've gone down with it.

Feels like a bad cold at moment. Temperature, cough, gunk, achy, but breathing fine ... it's the breathing I was concerned about because of the asthma but i'm on so many different meds these days I think that's helping me. Keeping fingers crossed this is as bad as it gets.
I only come here for the cycling banter, it seems to have turned into some sort of medical one upmanship :laugh:

:biggrin:

Last edited:
Top Bottom