Zwift Chat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

alex_cycles

Veteran
Not finalized, but Patrick Levefere says Jacobsen is their chosen sprinter.

BUT then says the door isn't shut to Cavendish -yet.

Being a predominantly sprint team, why don't they take both?

Perhaps they will? Lefevere seems like a bit of a nobhead if what you read in the press is true (and he writes some of it too :laugh:).

In other news. Rainy morning, so today I felt the need to reactivate my Zwift subs, which went on pause 5 days ago. :laugh: But did get to try out the ZRL League Division Champions Helmet too...

1656323732453.jpg

Last edited:

Joffey

Big Dosser
Not finalized, but Patrick Levefere says Jacobsen is their chosen sprinter.

BUT then says the door isn't shut to Cavendish -yet.

Being a predominantly sprint team, why don't they take both?

I suppose part of it will be coverage for sponsors so that might swing it to Cav as well. I hope he goes but I can see why they might not take him.

OP
OP
CXRAndy

CXRAndy

Guru
Perhaps they will? Lefevere seems like a bit of a nobhead if what you read in the press is true (and he writes some of it too :laugh:).

In other news. Rainy morning, so today I felt the need to reactivate my Zwift subs, which went on pause 5 days ago. :laugh: But did get to try out the ZRL League Division Champions Helmet too...

View attachment 650706

The helmet looks better than I thought.

Much prefer a gold helmet, like Greg van Avermaet

Beggars n all that ^_^

Peter Salt

Bittersweet
I see Mark Cavendish has done it again. This time winning the British road cycling championship road race. :notworthy:

Why he isn't going to the TDF is beyond me. He is equal to Fabio Jacobsen
If the Giro is anything to go by, I'd say it's all about the hills. Anything not flat seemed to really take its toll on him and then he couldn't recover in time to hope for a stage win. I do still hope they change their mind but I can understand the decision.

OP
OP
CXRAndy

CXRAndy

Guru
Team just announced... No Cav :sad:

Booo😠

Obviously Merckx has pulled a fast one:whistle:

bridgy

Legendary Member
Hi guys. Hopefully you remember who I am!

Firstly thanks and apologies to those who have commented/messaged on various platforms which I haven't replied to.

For a long time, I've struggled a bit with tightness in various parts of my right leg which I always put down to my heavy training load and insufficient stretching. This got worse just before and during my trip to Calpe and I went to a physio when I got back (once my Covid had gone). Several weeks of physio-work didn't help so I went for an X-Ray.

This showed that I had moderate/severe arthritis in my right hip which explained it. I've just been to a consultant today and as expected his recommendation is either to manage the symptoms and lower my expectations of what I will be able to do OR have a hip replacement. I've chosen the hip replacement (not cheap!) and have a surgery slot booked for 18th Aug.

The consultant is an avid cyclist and has advised me to do whatever cycling I can do, at whatever level, whilst awaiting the surgery. He's also pioneering an App for people about to have hip replacements which guides them through the process and advises on pre-hab abd re-hab training/exercises. He is using me as a guinea pig and I'll be providing feedback to him and the developer.

To be honest, the setback really hit me hard mentally and I avoided things like Cyclechat and Strava.

So 2022 is obviously a complete write-off for me. I'm hoping that my recovery will open up 2023 but we'll have to wait and see.

Back to Zwift this afternoon, so if you see some slow old git wobbling around at 1 w/kg, say Hi and give me a wave ^_^

Sorry to hear that Martin - good to hear you're back on the bike a bit, and fingers crossed the hip replacement will have you back to your old self - there's certainly lots of really positive outcomes from other people who've had that op.

Del C

Veteran
Hi guys. Hopefully you remember who I am!

Firstly thanks and apologies to those who have commented/messaged on various platforms which I haven't replied to.

For a long time, I've struggled a bit with tightness in various parts of my right leg which I always put down to my heavy training load and insufficient stretching. This got worse just before and during my trip to Calpe and I went to a physio when I got back (once my Covid had gone). Several weeks of physio-work didn't help so I went for an X-Ray.

This showed that I had moderate/severe arthritis in my right hip which explained it. I've just been to a consultant today and as expected his recommendation is either to manage the symptoms and lower my expectations of what I will be able to do OR have a hip replacement. I've chosen the hip replacement (not cheap!) and have a surgery slot booked for 18th Aug.

The consultant is an avid cyclist and has advised me to do whatever cycling I can do, at whatever level, whilst awaiting the surgery. He's also pioneering an App for people about to have hip replacements which guides them through the process and advises on pre-hab abd re-hab training/exercises. He is using me as a guinea pig and I'll be providing feedback to him and the developer.

To be honest, the setback really hit me hard mentally and I avoided things like Cyclechat and Strava.

So 2022 is obviously a complete write-off for me. I'm hoping that my recovery will open up 2023 but we'll have to wait and see.

Back to Zwift this afternoon, so if you see some slow old git wobbling around at 1 w/kg, say Hi and give me a wave ^_^

Sorry to hear about this Martin.

I know how much work you'd put into your training and racing and I appreciate the advice you gave me when I was starting out with my training plan.

Hope the op and recovery go well.

Spartak