Zwift Chat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

JuhaL

Guru
Been to Crete a few times ( fantastic island ), one day me & the future Mrs S. went on a boat trip to see Spinalonga, now my hearing has ever been great and I'm sure the tour guide said it was once inhabited by leopards šŸ† which I thought was strange... !!!

Totally agree that. I was in a Crete with my dad early 90's, probably 1992. We went to Spinalonga as well with a tourist boat. When we came back boat was anchor in a bay so we can jump to swim. The building's in a Spinalonga was seen the best days. If I remember correct there was a warning sign what says not to go too close those old buildings. Not for sure but I think it was 1960 or something when the last lepra patients transfer to Athene.

Peter Salt

Bittersweet
Wow lads, I got a good haul from ReCycle today! Love that place and need to visit it more often. One could make a living out of buying their stuff and selling it online :laugh:

R8000 crankset, unused? Ā£40.
IMG_20220709_120855_0.jpg

Ultegra Di2 shifters? Ā£50. Di2 rear mech? Ā£30.

IMG_20220709_120218_9.jpg

WTF

[EDIT]: I only nabbed the crankset.

Last edited:

steverob

Guru
Its a custom route builder onZwift, so free rides can be created by you instead of Zwifts own. I know anyone can use the nav keys to steer you onto different courses, but its neat to have it preloaded.
I saw the developer promoting it on the Zwift Forums and it does look really good; I certainly would like to be able to pre-set a route that follows non-standard directions, especially if I want to set up a longer ride that doesn't get too repetitive.

The only problem is that you can't use it and Zwift Companion at the same time and I need that app in order to get Bluetooth working for me on Zwift. It's really strange - Zwift has always had problems connecting to my PC's Bluetooth adapter, yet RGT picks it up straight away.

alex_cycles

Veteran
Got my CX race on Weds evening. Glad it'll ONLY be 25Ā°C :eek:

Apart from that, I reckon I'm ready. Bring it on!!! 34 people in my "wave".

Peter Salt

Bittersweet
Bit of stats revision if anyone fancies it

https://zwiftinsider.com/power-based-ranking-1/
I'm very surprised by how weak the resulting correlations are. Highest I can see is around |0.55| for Pearson (IMHO probably the best method in this case) which is really rather lame. Would be interesting to see values for all power stats vs. finishing position.

What the article completely seems to ignore is the quality of the data as well as the impact of the route (hilly, flat, punchy). 20 min. power appears to have a weak correlation but I suspect that's because it has an impact on racing category so people pay attention to it whereas with 1 min. they just give it the beans.

Interesting attempt in data mining but ultimately 'garbage in, garbage out'.

Top Bottom