Zwift Chat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

bobinski

Legendary Member
Andy and Carl you do realise you were tapping on the door of cat A times there? Almost sandbagging:laugh:

bridgy

Legendary Member
Good race - great to see so many cyclechatters there. I know what you mean about the cat A's going up the hill Andy - I was dropped while doing 560watts - I think at the same time Darren was dropped! Surprisingly though I caught the lead group back up again with a couple of other guys a few minutes later - only to get properly dropped a lap later. Really good hard race though

Norry1

Legendary Member
Just looked at the results and my name doesn't appear. When I check on my profile, it is because I had no HR monitor. Oh well, ordered another one today so will have it tomorrow.

I couldn't stay with the lead group so sat with a group of about 15 riders - we were consistently about 2 minutes behind Carl and Andy - but with 7.5 miles to go, I blew up a bit and lost the group. It is hard soloing but I managed to keep the next B from catching me. Looking at the times, I would have been second in my normal C group.

Probably a bad idea racing after a hard training session yesterday. I have noticed I don't recover as well as many.

Well done to the rest of you. Great riding.

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)
Randy I bought this one on theboxers recommendation and

Pros are, it’s very comfy to wear, connects to the laptop easily and you can charge it via usb so no replacing batteries.

Cons are, if you’re like me and forget to charge things then it’s a bit of a pain. If you’ve got a four year old daughter she might hide it and not tell you where it is... :scratch:
I have the same, also due to TB's advice - great piece of kit :okay:

Whorty

Just looked at the results and my name doesn't appear. When I check on my profile, it is because I had no HR monitor. Oh well, ordered another one today so will have it tomorrow.

I couldn't stay with the lead group so sat with a group of about 15 riders - we were consistently about 2 minutes behind Carl and Andy - but with 7.5 miles to go, I blew up a bit and lost the group. It is hard soloing but I managed to keep the next B from catching me. Looking at the times, I would have been second in my normal C group.

Probably a bad idea racing after a hard training session yesterday. I have noticed I don't recover as well as many.

Well done to the rest of you. Great riding.
If you look at the ZwiftPower race results in unfiltered mode you show up there :okay: Excellent riding Martin

Whorty

Andy and Carl you do realise you were tapping on the door of cat A times there? Almost sandbagging:laugh:
w/kg well within cat B limits, but as you say the times were lower cat A. The benefits of finding a good group to work with - there were 6, then 7 of us and we were moving at a good pace. I was expecting Andy to fly past me on the last lap but I think the 4 hour ride over the weekend may have still been hanging about in his legs. Really good ride though. Enjoyed that :biggrin: Flat, short fast courses suit me :cycle:

Last edited:

Whorty

I could see Darren a minute or so up the road but our group didn't have the legs to bring them in. His group did drop a couple of riders and we swept them up nicely :wahhey:

<Tommy>

Illegitimi non carborundum
Sounds like hell :laugh:. I know some say it really works.

:laugh:

I have a friend who swears by them. He’s a weight lifter rather than cyclist but same theory I guess. It just occurred to me that I think your clued up on hydration etc, so your cramp is probably because of the massive ride you did the other day and then today. It’d be interesting if you took the ice bath then reported back to the group. Aka take one for the team ^_^ (No pictures needed!)

I’ve got a bit of a problem with one of my shoulders at the moment and it’s sort of making me face up to stuff rather than try ignoring it like I normally do.

bridgy

Legendary Member
:laugh:

I have a friend who swears by them. He’s a weight lifter rather than cyclist but same theory I guess. It just occurred to me that I think your clued up on hydration etc, so your cramp is probably because of the massive ride you did the other day and then today. It’d be interesting if you took the ice bath then reported back to the group. Aka take one for the team ^_^ (No pictures needed!)

I’ve got a bit of a problem with one of my shoulders at the moment and it’s sort of making me face up to stuff rather than try ignoring it like I normally do.
A lot of athletes - including British track cyclists used to swear by ice baths but after more research I think they've gone out of favour more recently as being either ineffective or possibly even counterproductive - I remember hearing either Chris Hoy or Chris Boardman talking about it

<Tommy>

Illegitimi non carborundum
Found quite a good article here - http://www.bbc.com/future/story/20161209-do-athletes-need-to-take-ice-baths.

It does suggest they can be good for short term recovery but detrimental in the longer term. I'm sure there's other stuff out there contradicting this but still worth bearing in mind

Yeah I just did a bit of googling too. Definitely contradictory but it looks like it has been dismissed more in the last couple of years. It makes sense to me that it does what an ice pack does essentially on a larger scale. But this seemingly can also have a possible negative long term effect.

I would probably give it a go myself though to see if it worked for me. Maybe in mid August though... :cold:

Top Bottom