Zwift Chat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

bridgy

Legendary Member
Yeah I just did a bit of googling too. Definitely contradictory but it looks like it has been dismissed more in the last couple of years. It makes sense to me that it does what an ice pack does essentially on a larger scale. But this seemingly can also have a possible negative long term effect.

I would probably give it a go myself though to see if it worked for me. Maybe in mid August though... :cold:
That's a refreshing swim on a hot summer's day you're thinking of there Tommy - not quite the same thing :okay:

berty bassett

Legendary Member
sounds like i missed a good one last night :sad: didnt get in till nearly 6 and dinner was nearly in the dog
scan went well and although the bloke wouldn't tell me results and had me facing away from screen , i had son in there to see what was happening and he filled me in when outside
i think i have done me shoulder in :sad:

OP
OP
CXRAndy

CXRAndy

Guru
sounds like i missed a good one last night :sad: didnt get in till nearly 6 and dinner was nearly in the dog
scan went well and although the bloke wouldn't tell me results and had me facing away from screen , i had son in there to see what was happening and he filled me in when outside

In what way, muscle, ligament or cartilage ? When do you find out results? Was this result from car hitting you?

berty bassett

Legendary Member
From what I can glean from number 1 son and the dreaded google my pictures looked the same as the ones with snapped ligament/ tendons but should get results soon I guess
With my good looks and new lump I think I now qualify for the position of chief bell ringer in Paris !

bobinski

Legendary Member

:sad:

How do you mean though? What did your son understand from what GP was saying?

Ahh, just seen.

Fingers crossed Lee its all fixable.

Breedon

Legendary Member
So, the huge lump and disfigurement wasn't clue enough
I always thought he looked like that :laugh: :biggrin:.
If they didn't say anything there and then it might not be that bad let's hope so anyway.

<Tommy>

Illegitimi non carborundum
From what I can glean from number 1 son and the dreaded google my pictures looked the same as the ones with snapped ligament/ tendons but should get results soon I guess
With my good looks and new lump I think I now qualify for the position of chief bell ringer in Paris !

Berty I really hope your wrong mate!

I’m trying to make up for lost time on a shoulder injury I didn’t rehab properly 20 years ago. (I may have mentioned it already...) I had a dislocated shoulder and tendons that fused together shorter than original. Now apparently because the bone moves around too much in the socket I keep on tearing my rotator cuff... it ain’t no disco...

Not trying to steal your thunder here... but I have accumulated a ton of info over the last couple of months regarding rehab, strengthening excesrcies etc. So fire me a PM when you have more info. If you have snapped the tendons then how you start your recovery is vital. I wish I could shout that at my 18 year old me...

berty bassett

Legendary Member

I’m trying to make up for lost time on a shoulder injury I didn’t rehab properly 20 years ago. (I may have mentioned it already...) I had a dislocated shoulder and tendons that fused together shorter than original. Now apparently because the bone moves around too much in the socket I keep on tearing my rotator cuff... it ain’t no disco...

Not trying to steal your thunder here... but I have accumulated a ton of info over the last couple of months regarding rehab, strengthening excesrcies etc. So fire me a PM when you have more info. If you have snapped the tendons then how you start your recovery is vital. I wish I could shout that at my 18 year old me...
might just take you up on that when i get results - cheers

OP
OP
CXRAndy

CXRAndy

Guru

My inlaw had a shoulder injury from being a mechanic for 30 years. He needed surgery first to repair damaged ligaments. See what consultant says, look at private to shorten waiting time. If you're lucky, seeing a consultant who does both private and NHS, they sometimes can drop you back into the system more quickly than just waiting on the NHS list.

Top Bottom