Zwift Chat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
CXRAndy

CXRAndy

Guru
I wasn't too impressed with the concept store. Their Etube software wouldn't talk to the bike, so couldn't check which versions of derailleur or battery was fitted. It transpires it has the wrong derailleur for the 11-34 cassette which they are supplying to him on Tuesday. So a new GS derailleur will be needed aswell. I will fit these plus new super blingy colour match chain.

<Tommy>

Illegitimi non carborundum
I wasn't too impressed with the concept store. Their Etube software wouldn't talk to the bike, so couldn't check which versions of derailleur or battery was fitted. It transpires it has the wrong derailleur for the 11-34 cassette which they are supplying to him on Tuesday. So a new GS derailleur will be needed aswell. I will fit these plus new super blingy colour match chain.

At least it gives you a bit more one on one time with the bike. You do sound quite smitten ^_^.

I’m surprised you haven’t been tempted by an aero frame already Andy. Could be a nice little project for you. Just saying...:smile:

OP
OP
CXRAndy

CXRAndy

Guru
At least it gives you a bit more one on one time with the bike. You do sound quite smitten ^_^.

It's a nice bike, but I would not have that paint colour. I preferred the SWorks frame with its chameleon purple paint. They had a low end alloy model with a lovely candy apple metallic paint job. If I were to build another bike I would go with that paint . In fact I found a paint company up in Hull who do custom paint jobs on carbon and metal frame cycles. I might send my Kona MTB upto them one day.

uclown2002

Guru
Tommy, I think the Tron bike gives a 6s advantage over a Watopia flat lap over the cervelo and I am not sure how Zwift gives that advantage. Anyway, it’s minimal. You can certainly draft with the Tron bike but you cannot see when you are or not in that sitting up visual cue is missing but I cannot say I have noticed or that I miss it. If you are off but close to the draft you still get the close the gap message on screen .Dave races more than any of us and I wonder what he thinks?
It does not put riders around a Tron bike at any disadvantage bar that 6seconds.
That is spot on! You get the benefit of the draft but your avatar does not sit up. Also your avatar doesn't go into 'climbing mode'.

<Tommy>

Illegitimi non carborundum
It's a nice bike, but I would not have that paint colour. I preferred the SWorks frame with its chameleon purple paint. They had a low end alloy model with a lovely candy apple metallic paint job. If I were to build another bike I would go with that paint . In fact I found a paint company up in Hull who do custom paint jobs on carbon and metal frame cycles. I might send my Kona MTB upto them one day.

The chameleon paint looks class. But for some reason it fades and stops changing colour after a while. At least that was the case on the older s works tarmac.

I know what you mean about custom paint. Can bring new life to an old friend!

bobinski

Legendary Member

When I were a lad growing up in urban poverty I coveted a Puch 10 speed in a pearlescent but metallic or shimmerycandy apple green. I can still see it. That was the lure of the caad 12 for me too last year. I would certainly be up for a custom paint job with the right frame and a Sram Etap groupset.

OP
OP
CXRAndy

CXRAndy

Guru
Had a little go on the dark side yesterday - I've bought the Garmin footpod to run on Zwift. I haven't done a proper run yet but 1st impressions when I set it up it worked really well.

Monte Have ride around on a few different routes initially, see Zwiftpower.com for list of routes and races. Then sign up with Zwift power, join cyclechat team and enter a few races, something that suits your abilities so you can be in the mix and get a real feel. There are also training plans

Last edited:

Monte

Über Member
Got mugged in a D group tonight, got dropped from the start went on my own to try & catch the lead group. Ran out of puff, so dropped back and rode in a small group finished in 10th place. Check Zwiftpower and they all got disqualied apart from 1 so finished with silver...

Now been upgraded to 1st place (gold).

Last edited:

bobinski

Legendary Member
Got mugged in a D group tonight, got dropped from the start went on my own to try & catch the lead group. Ran out of puff, so dropped back and rode in a small group finished in 10th place. Check Zwiftpower and they all got disqualied apart from 1 so finished with silver...

Well done Monte!

Marino.g

Veteran

:okay: Well done
It’s difficult to know where you are in the race, three times I thought I was way down the list and finished with 2 golds and 1 silver.
“Keep going as you never know” is the moral of the story.

Top Bottom