Zwift Chat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

<Tommy>

Illegitimi non carborundum
I'm in the second week of 'Sustained Power Build', I'm after some improvements for Majorca in March, although the VO2 MAX workout today was really tough, I had to reduce the difficulty a bit. I treat myself to the segment challenge efforts, but box hill on Monday as another VO2 MAX effort, I'm not sure two in a few days is a good idea. The next session is over/unders!

I’m about halfway through sustained power build Kip. I nearly got off my bike at the start of a session last night... long day at work and then my legs went on strike. I’m not sure fun is the right word, but as the weeks have gone on I am enjoying ticking off the sessions.

I've just finished the last block of sustained power build, so im going with the build phase of sweet spot at high volume :B) we'll see how it goes but i should do a ftp test as i haven't done one for a while :shy:.

I’d be interested to hear what you think of it a few weeks in Dean. Hi volume looks pretty daunting. Good luck mate!

Breedon

Legendary Member
I’m about halfway through sustained power build Kip. I nearly got off my bike at the start of a session last night... long day at work and then my legs went on strike. I’m not sure fun is the right word, but as the weeks have gone on I am enjoying ticking off the sessions.

I’d be interested to hear what you think of it a few weeks in Dean. Hi volume looks pretty daunting. Good luck mate!
Well my last sweet spot session was 6x18 minutes at 88-95% with 3 minutes rest which had me almost chewing the handlebars off, so based on that im expecting pain during and after but should be good for weight loss

<Tommy>

Well my last sweet spot session was 6x18 minutes at 88-95% with 3 minutes rest which had me almost chewing the handlebars off, so based on that im expecting pain during and after but should be good for weight loss

Brutal. I’d be interested to see how you find / manage the recovery during the higher volume block. Doing the jobs we do isn’t exactly ideal recovery. I don’t reckon mark cavendish is glossing skirting or running cables on his rest days ^_^

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)
Brutal. I’d be interested to see how you find / manage the recovery during the higher volume block. Doing the jobs we do isn’t exactly ideal recovery. I don’t reckon mark cavendish is glossing skirting or running cables on his rest days ^_^
You guys think you have it hard, you should try being in my job ..... spend half the day in meetings or on conference calls, drinking coffee and dunking biscuits. Absolute nightmare! Sometimes I even have to walk between meeting rooms or go and make my own coffee ..... you guys don't know how easy you have it :whistle:

Last edited:

Breedon

Legendary Member
You guys think you have it hard, you should try being in my job ..... send half the day in meetings or on conference calls, drinking coffee and dunking biscuits. Absolute nightmare! Sometimes I even have to walk between meeting rooms or go and make my own coffee ..... you guys don't know how easy you have it :whistle:
You're saying you don't have your own PA, shocking I would have word with HR if I was you.
:tongue:

kipster

Guru
You guys think you have it hard, you should try being in my job ..... send half the day in meetings or on conference calls, drinking coffee and dunking biscuits. Absolute nightmare! Sometimes I even have to walk between meeting rooms or go and make my own coffee ..... you guys don't know how easy you have it :whistle:
I just forced myself to climb three flights of stairs to go to a meeting, I could've taken the lift but I had my hands full and wouldve spilt my tea trying to press the lift call button. Now to sit down for the next 6 hours and talk tenders. No biscuits here.

<Tommy>

9D45C168-7105-48A3-9822-54B94386DB65.png

This is my morning so far. I don’t know if it’s the average or not I only discovered this app yesterday...

I went for a run with a friend last night and he couldn’t understand why my energy was so low considering I do a bit of training. He showed me this app, and I discovered I’d already walked 14km that day. And over 50 flights of stairs. Nature of the job really. I wouldn’t change it for all the air conditioning and biscuits in the world though boys! :smile:

bobinski

Legendary Member
View attachment 392142
This is my morning so far. I don’t know if it’s the average or not I only discovered this app yesterday...

I went for a run with a friend last night and he couldn’t understand why my energy was so low considering I do a bit of training. He showed me this app, and I discovered I’d already walked 14km that day. And over 50 flights of stairs. Nature of the job really. I wouldn’t change it for all the air conditioning and biscuits in the world though boys! :smile:

pfft

4300 step, 3.23km and 5 flights of step for me so far today-and i do mostly work in an office. No air conditioning but there are biscuits:okay:

Whorty

I just forced myself to climb three flights of stairs to go to a meeting, I could've taken the lift but I had my hands full and wouldve spilt my tea trying to press the lift call button. Now to sit down for the next 6 hours and talk tenders. No biscuits here.
I feel for you Kip .... no biscuits!!!! What kind of a Dickensian company do you work for?!?

Whorty

View attachment 392142

No aircon for me today ... but then I am sitting in my own kitchen. Commute today was a massive walk down the stairs :biggrin:

Top Bottom