Zwift Chat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

bridgy

Legendary Member
I wish they just made a gravel track world? Or expanded the jungle in watopia
I know it's stupid but I hate it, and changing bikes is such a faff

Having race courses with different surfaces which significantly reward a bike change when the actual proess of changing bikes isn't a level playing field amongst racers is not right in my opinion. PC users can change much quicker than ATV users, and IT savvy PC users can do the change in seconds with one tap on the keyboard if they set up auto hotkeys in advance.

That said, if the bike change was the same for everyone and the course was borderline as to whether or not changing was the best option I think the tactical decision making involved could be fun

alex_cycles

Veteran
Do I recall correctly that at some point they did say something about a gravel-only world? Wasn't it called Gravel Mountain or something like that?

Actually ZI has written an article about that a couple of days ago which I only saw this morning
https://zwiftinsider.com/gravel-mountain/

alex_cycles

Veteran
Having race courses with different surfaces which significantly reward a bike change when the actual proess of changing bikes isn't a level playing field amongst racers is not right in my opinion. PC users can change much quicker than ATV users, and IT savvy PC users can do the change in seconds with one tap on the keyboard if they set up auto hotkeys in advance.

That said, if the bike change was the same for everyone and the course was borderline as to whether or not changing was the best option I think the tactical decision making involved could be fun

Would be nice if there was a bike swap facility so you could switch between setup A and setup B and take a fixed time penalty. That would level it for all platforms. I do enjoy the whole bike swap thing though. Makes it more tactical and fun. It's a video game after all :laugh:

Joffey

Big Dosser
Gravel mountain looks a bit dull to me...

gravel-12150053.jpg

Joffey

Big Dosser
Bet you could get away with burying a few cats under there though!

Looks like a big pile of cat litter ^_^

Peter Salt

Bittersweet
So... Looks like the 'Rolling Highlands' route is stage 8 of Tour de Zwift. Starts on Friday.

I take it many of you will want to do it, especially since it doubles as ZRL recon for the 14th.

Do we want to align timing and have a little Cycle Chat race? I imagine late afternoon / early evening would be best and also have the most participants.

By the way: Noticed you did your first group ride yesterday @Cathryn (TdZ Stage 7). How did you find it?

Last edited:

steverob

Guru
Do we want to align timing and have a little Cycle Chat race? I imagine late afternoon / early evening would be best and also have the most participants.
I can only do the 18:00 or 19:00 events, though the 17:00 one does have more people signed up to it already, so I would understand if that is the preferred one for everyone else. I also presume we'd be doing the long course - e.g. 3 laps?

Top Bottom