Zwift Chat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

berty bassett

Legendary Member
What about a weight handicap? We all start at the same time but with agreed weights.

Should be pretty easy for everyone to agree on the right values, I’d have thought.

this is done on rgt successfully but was mentioned for Zwift and shot down in flames with all the weight doping scandals !
I know I don't do much on Zwift nowadays but I can't see why it just can't be mass start no handicap races over varying courses ! we all have someone we try to beat so its not about being first , just about beating nemesis
its all very well trying to get it to be a close thing on the line but once you factor in draft , hill , downhill , bike etc I think its just over complicating things
I won't bother trying to change bikes mid race and doubt if I would be bothered about power ups
long up hills split us up too much I guess though some thrive on them
long flats are predictable as well with some thriving on them so makes sense to mix it up
I like a tt every now and then as well
maybe like a mini tdf with a little of everything ?

Last edited:

Peter Salt

Bittersweet
A race where we all set our weight to 999kg would be hilarious.

BurningLegs

Veteran
this is done on rgt successfully but was mentioned for Zwift and shot down in flames with all the weight doping scandals !
I know I don't do much on Zwift nowadays but I can't see why it just can't be mass start no handicap races over varying courses ! we all have someone we try to beat so its not about being first , just about beating nemesis
its all very well trying to get it to be a close thing on the line but once you factor in draft , hill , downhill , bike etc I think its just over complicating things
I won't bother trying to change bikes mid race and doubt if I would be bothered about power ups
long up hills split us up too much I guess though some thrive on them
long flats are predictable as well with some thriving on them so makes sense to mix it up
I like a tt everyone and then as well
maybe like a mini tdf with a little of everything ?

I have access to RGT through Wahoo X (which I’ve subscribed to for the Systm workouts). Is there an active race scene there with a CycleChat contingent???

berty bassett

Legendary Member
I have access to RGT through Wahoo X (which I’ve subscribed to for the Systm workouts). Is there an active race scene there with a CycleChat contingent???

no not as such. people pop up now and then otr is a well organised series that mix it up but I haven't been on there for ages so don't know now - I know they have just brought in steering using phone or iPad that is in early stages and not going down too well
I go on rouvy more , there are a few races on there but I find myself more and more setting people I think will give a race and riding with their ghosts

Legs

usually riding on Zwift...
Pretty sure someone on here had their child cycle up the Alpe so they could ride down it... :whistle: :laugh:
I would like to stress, Your Honour, that that was a purely hypothetical scenario…

Peter Salt

Bittersweet
I've foolishly entered the ZwiftInsider Worlds Experience Races tomorrow night - I'm going to get a shoeing with the As, but at least it'll be over and done with quickly. They're running instead of the Tiny Races this weekend.

I don't think that even the longest (first) stage is going to be more than 20 minutes, so there's no danger of catting up on ZwiftPower!
I did the same route and distance as your first stage yesterday, as part of 'Race Scotland'. Took under 18 minutes in B. Average speed 48km/h :laugh:

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)
If you are doing points could always do a course with a segment near the start and have a sprint for fun, all cats could compete for the green jersey while keeping main competition GC?

I also don't really care about the ZRL playoffs, I've never really understood what the point of them is but must read up again

I'd be up for green Jersey comp ... but as you say, needs to be early in the race and give all cats a chance to compete.

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)
Ah fair enough. Even videoing it wouldn't necessarily tell us who won it can differ from the result. Unless we have a 2km flat drag race and then start a race straight away afterwards, which would be a bit extreme

Or ... make the league like the Tinys ... 3 races each week, roughly 10 mins each, 5 mins rest between each race

The strongest and fittest almost certain to win the 3rd race. 1st race though, if flat enough, could see close to a mass finish

I know this ponders to the 'everyone gets to win' and certain strong riders think they deserve to win everything, but it keeps it interesting for everyone and fun ... and I assume fun is good 😁

Could even set up some down hill bits, that could make it very Interesting for the featherweight!

Top Bottom