Zwift Chat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Peter Salt

Bittersweet
Giro -Wow
Annoying to see what people my age are still capable of :laugh:

steverob

Guru
Interesting - the 100 mile route no longer goes deep into the flats of the Fens, instead they're doing two laps of one of the early parts of the course. Explains why the race is now on the 66 mile route - to stop riders from earlier starting pens getting to lap 2 only to find they were catching later riders still on lap 1 and everybody getting in each other's way.

Last edited:

Peter Salt

Bittersweet
I could definitely do today's Giro stage:
aFAoobP30TBy6VYVtraP_190423-075447.jpg

Norry1

Legendary Member
First race for 2 weeks, expecting it to be hard work, wish me luck 🙏

GOOD LUCK 💪

OP
OP
CXRAndy

CXRAndy

Guru
Crit Club? The course is practically made for you, Andy. I did it yesterday and the average weight of top 20 must have been 85kg ;)

Held on to the front pack, two weeks off meant it felt hard work, not gasping but close to it.

My ave HR was 5 bpm higher than normal, so come the sprint had little left to give . Rolled in 29th.

Top end will come back :biggrin:

View: https://youtu.be/5-QT_yPjWW4

alex_cycles

Veteran
SHOWDOWN :okay: 💪^_^

We had a good finish yesterday. I think we caught them by surprise. It's a 5x5 format with 12,10,8,7,6,5,4,3,2,1 points for finish positions.
8 laps of Glasgow Crit. We had one no-show due to sleeping through alarm. Another of our guys got dropped on lap 1 Clyde Kicker.
So 3 of us battled on against their 5 and got 1st, 3rd and 4th with our straggler taking 2 points for 9th that was enough for the win by 1 point. :laugh:

I went early with a feather ~700m from the finish - exactly like I did in a race a few weeks ago.
That helped lead out the other two and I held on for 4th (by 0.04s) ^_^

View: https://youtu.be/7YoY8yjB22Y?t=2101

Norry1

Legendary Member
I did the Club "BASH" Chaingang on Tuesday as planned. I knew I was in for a kicking.

Joined the fastest group and lasted just over a lap - then joined 3 guys who'd been dropped from other groups and towed them the rest of the way.

I thought it was fast - and Strava agrees :smile:

1685002452642.png

Good prep for Sunday's race.

Top Bottom