Zwift Chat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mjd1988

Guru
poor Derek Gee! Giro has been a slow burn from a GC perspective but all set up for a good finale

Peter Salt

Bittersweet
Without question FRR ^_^
My race reminded me how hard Zwift competitions can be. The 20-minute monthly series made me lazy.

I've decided to push up that first hill, try and stick to fastest riders I could. Managed to get in the 2nd group of 7, just 5-6s behind the front - which we caught on the downhill. Was very happy at that point - figured I'll be able to hold on to them until the finish, or at least Aqueduct.

14-15 minutes in, I started to hurt really bad - went out too hard, and they kept on pushing. I got dropped in the most brutal way - lost the wheel, and saw the gap growing, but I couldn't bridge if my life depended on it.

Waited for the 2nd group that was almost a minute behind, used them for the Marina sprint. Couldn't hold their wheels after, so waited for the 3rd group, 30s behind. The latter then caught the former so there was decent draft for the Pave. Couldn't really do much through Aqueduct but held on to the group. Then, completely and utterly exploded up the Petit - over a minute slower than my PB and ended nearly 60s down on the group I was with.

Delicious humble pie. But got 2nd and 3rd FTS on the sprints across all Friday races.

Peter Salt

Bittersweet
watch it
Not really a spoiler, that. Exciting, wasn't it?

JuhaL

Guru
SRAM will be happy that their crappy group set didn’t cost their man the win!!!

....and that group set was gravel group set. Maybe in a future we see Sram gravel group sets only with road bikes and Sram road group sets with gravel bikes if it's work better that way :laugh:. Opposite what Sram meant.

Top Bottom