Zwift Chat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Norry1

Legendary Member
Off to my first race of the year in a bit. It is the British Masters National Road Race Championships. In my Age Category there are 54 riders and it is a 48 mile undulating race (3 x 16 mile laps).

My Coach has only set me one target - he reckons a break will go early and will stay away. My target is to be in that group.

As per usual, I'll probably pen a race report afterwards.

bobinski

Legendary Member
I only have experience of a Rival 1x on my gravel so my opinion may not be reflective of all their offerings, but in my experience it is dreadful clunky muck! :laugh:

The Apex on the gravel bike my son nicked from me is clunky but has never skipped a beat. The rival 1x XPLR on my own bike is at least as good as the di2 on my old bike. I haven’t yet missed having 22 gears. I’ll be in the lowest gear anyway for 1/2 the RP.

bobinski

Legendary Member
Off to my first race of the year in a bit. It is the British Masters National Road Race Championships. In my Age Category there are 54 riders and it is a 48 mile undulating race (3 x 16 mile laps).

My Coach has only set me one target - he reckons a break will go early and will stay away. My target is to be in that group.

Good luck Martin! Sounds like the perfect course for you.

Joffey

Big Dosser
The Apex on the gravel bike my son nicked from me is clunky but has never skipped a beat. The rival 1x XPLR on my own bike is at least as good as the di2 on my old bike. I haven’t yet missed having 22 gears. I’ll be in the lowest gear anyway for 1/2 the RP.

Mine has a mind of it’s own. Introduce any dirt and it’s all over the place!

alex_cycles

Veteran

Awesome. Have a great race and enjoy (if that's the right word). Looking forward to the report.
Hope you won't be seeing "Close the Gap" graphics in your head :laugh:

alex_cycles

Veteran
Wow scrolling through Strava.

Some huge rides -108 to 190miles from those I know

Respect :notworthy:

Was a lovely day yesterday and we did our UffingTON White Horse ride, which after three years in a row has become an annual tradition.

Apart from Dragon Hill itself which is a 5 minute climb (for me) (#121 in Another 100 Climbs) it was fairly flat with under 1000m of climbing, which makes it a reasonably easy ton in good weather. New distance PR for me of 108. Only increased it by 1.3 miles, but I'm targeting 200km some time this year (124.27 miles).

Interestingly, I took 27s off my Dragon Hill time. Like last year, I wasn't smashing it and it wasn't a maximum effort, but I was putting out 30 Watts more than last year for the same "feel". Hopefully that means the Zwift racing has had an effect. About halfway up I thought my mate Andy was with me. At the bend I looked back and couldn't see him :laugh: I beat the other three by a whole minute but they can make me suffer on the flats.

Peter Salt

Bittersweet
I did my hundred this morning ;)

In my weight workouts.

I've invented a whole new routine - nobody has ever thought of it before :whistle:

100 reps per exercise

Can't walk properly after sqauts:B)
:biggrin:
download (1).jpeg

alex_cycles

Veteran
@bobinski how is the plantar fasciitis?

Happy to say mine still seems to be under control. Sometimes feel a feint trace of "something's not quite right" but no pain as such.

I've only done one 3-mile walk and haven't done any running yet though.

bobinski

Legendary Member
@bobinski how is the plantar fasciitis?

Happy to say mine still seems to be under control. Sometimes feel a feint trace of "something's not quite right" but no pain as such.

I've only done one 3-mile walk and haven't done any running yet though.

That’s good to hear Alex. Mine is almost gone, similar to your description. I have walked a lot less than my usual 12-15,000 steps and swapped work shoes for barefoot style trainers even when going to court. I just pop shoes on when I go into a court room. I have only forgotten once but no one noticed 😁

Peter Salt

Bittersweet
That’s good to hear Alex. Mine is almost gone, similar to your description. I have walked a lot less than my usual 12-15,000 steps and swapped work shoes for barefoot style trainers even when going to court. I just pop shoes on when I go into a court room. I have only forgotten once but no one noticed 😁
download (2).jpeg

Speaking in images today - like a true Millennial :laugh:

Top Bottom