Zwift Chat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

JuhaL

Guru
Amazing 3-weeks of riding and gap between 1st and 2nd is only 14sec at a GC. I guess smallest gap on a Giro's history or at least one of a smallest.

alex_cycles

Veteran
Pretty sure I died on the Glasgow Crit Circuit yesterday ;) That's the last Crit Club race done - good series but need longer sessions than what it offered - will be looking around for something on Tuesday evenings.

Unfortunately I've missed that series apart from the volcano circuit week.
Really enjoyed the first two Ladder series 5x5 races though.
It's a really good fun format. We managed to pull out a surprise win this week. Looking at the power numbers our game plan was to avoid a bunch sprint. In the end our two strongest riders got 1 and 3 in the bunch sprint between them and 3 opposition riders. We got 6 & 7 (I was 7th) and also position 9. They didn't have a 5th rider. So we won it 31-26.

Peter Salt

Bittersweet
Unfortunately I've missed that series apart from the volcano circuit week.
Really enjoyed the first two Ladder series 5x5 races though.
It's a really good fun format. We managed to pull out a surprise win this week. Looking at the power numbers our game plan was to avoid a bunch sprint. In the end our two strongest riders got 1 and 3 in the bunch sprint between them and 3 opposition riders. We got 6 & 7 (I was 7th) and also position 9. They didn't have a 5th rider. So we won it 31-26.
That does sound really fun - direct clash between teams. So where are you on that ladder now? Top 16, 8?

13 rider

Guru
Ive gone into full outdoor mode ,considering pausing zwift for the rest of the summer . Just adding up monthly totals zwift 34 miles outdoor 698 miles . But I still like zwift for an intense hour as most of my outdoor riding is z2 with the odd smash up a climb for pbing a Strava segment . Off to Cornwall in June will attempt to regain a KOM that took me 3 years to get an held it for a week ! Before the local took his revenge

OP
OP
CXRAndy

CXRAndy

Guru
Crit club stage 5 Scotland Crit course. I'm still suffering heavy legs from weights and playing 5 a side football at a family party on Monday.

Despite NP being one of my recent best efforts I was left way down the pack. There were at least 40 in the lead group on the final lap, I scrabbled to 30th, clawing my way back onto the pack after the double kicker climb. I used all my power ups just catching the pack

alex_cycles

Veteran
That does sound really fun - direct clash between teams. So where are you on that ladder now? Top 16, 8?

We're in the pared down APAC version so currently 7th of 14 but the highest in Gold 2 (for now). There are 60 teams altogether but we can only race the APAC ones currently. It's a whole new world of tactics. You throw everything you learnt from ZRL out the window (except "always be drafting") and it's all about outwitting your opponents if you can't brute-force them. It's nice not to have to smash the segments though (but they do often tend to be good attack points). :laugh:

https://ladder.cycleracing.club/summary
Screen Shot 2023-05-31 at 20.41.58.png

Last edited:

alex_cycles

Veteran
Crit club stage 5 Scotland Crit course. I'm still suffering heavy legs from weights and playing 5 a side football at a family party on Monday.

Despite NP being one of my recent best efforts I was left way down the pack. There were at least 40 in the lead group on the final lap, I scrabbled to 30th, clawing my way back onto the pack after the double kicker climb. I used all my power ups just catching the pack

Clyde kicker and the ensuing rollers make that quite a tough course if you're on the limit.

Top Bottom