Zwift Chat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

bobinski

Legendary Member
Off topic but just watched Borg V McEnroe on Amazon Prime. Superb sports, well more than sports, film. Perhaps more likely to resonate for those of us of a certain age but highly recommended.

bobinski

Legendary Member
Not my thing as i don't like tennis :tired:

More a sporting rivalry kind of film that’s less about tennis but how they came to be rivals at the pinnacle of their sport. Also, it marks a point of change and redemption for McEnroe. There is surprisingly little tennis.

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)
I dropped in for a warm up for Sat. Rerun and put everything I had to try to catch up but you were pushing out huge watts!!
I'm still able to push hard in Zwift on the Kickr so not missing the Pro too much :tongue: Averaged about 254 over 25 minutes in the TT race - was able to push hard in some areas, and relax a bit in others. Set some PBs even faster than my Pro times :okay:

I raced in Cat B and did manage to beat other B racers. watts/kilo was only 3.1 so I could have raced in C and not DQ'd, and if I had I'd have won Cat C .... but I'm a B racer so will be working hard to get up the rankings :boxing:

Last edited:
OP
OP
CXRAndy

CXRAndy

Guru
Bob, I noticed you had a nice increase in ranking position, your 1 min @4W/Kg and all your stats have jumped for this last race. :okay:

I commented about Pete's ride yesterday where he produced an ave of 6W/Kg for 30 mins. Zada would of been all over him like a rash and Pro teams signing him up. :laugh: Its not Pete's fault, its Bkool.:cursing:

I don't think Bkool will ever release a direct drive unit with a calibrated power meter, it will never to be able to match the figures of the Pro units. Bkool wont rewrite their software to correct the massive errors in reporting power and speed with their current pro units. Imagine the uproar, with hundreds of users saying they were never that slow before :biggrin:

OP
OP
CXRAndy

CXRAndy

Guru
I'm still able to push hard in Zwift on the Kickr so not missing the Pro too much :tongue: Averaged about 254 over 25 minutes in the TT race - was able to push hard in some areas, and relax a bit in others. Set some PBs even faster than my Pro times :okay:

I raced in Cat B and did manage to beat other B racers. watts/kilo was only 3.1 so I could have raced in C and not DQ'd, and if I had I'd have one Cat C .... but I'm a B racer so will be working hard to get up the rankings :boxing:

Time to get into some racing, like Bob suggested, we should all enter the same races.! No hilly courses hehehe

berty bassett

Legendary Member
Lee your stats show you've had a terrible period of form since xmas. I fully expect your injuries have played havoc with training for you :sad:

You'll get it back as the warm weather lifts your spirits

To cheer you up, you still rank and than me and Bob :okay:
gee thanks Andy - heres my balls#ck take a running kick !:okay:
struggling to be motivated at moment - its annoying when you know you want to ride but you know its gonna hurt when you do
i was relying to much on painkillers and now i refuse to take anything - also been on a bit of a lager frenzy for a while but like you say - with decent weather things will return - no excuses just got to pedal harder yesterday was a bit annoying as i saw you 2 further up the volcano but if i left the group i was in i would have been reeled in on the downhill - i need to draft to have a chance - but i am learning

OP
OP
CXRAndy

CXRAndy

Guru
if i left the group i was in i would have been reeled in on the downhill -

I think this is probably the most important element to racing within Zwift. Its a double edge sword though, you have to go really hard to get into a group and then work hard to stay within it. If you want to break free it takes an enormous amount of effort and resources and really should only be used near to the finish or your group has whittled down to just a few riders. Yesterday, my plan was to get into a fast group and stay there. It was working until 50 yards from the Volcano crest on lap two. 1,2 then 5 yards opened up and that was it. I then spent a whole last lap working much harder just to try and stay ahead of chasing groups, burning myself out and ultimately suffering on the final Volcano climb. If I had stayed in my group for a little longer maybe to the foot of the last climb I could of been 3 or 4 minutes faster and 15 places higher in finishing. Drafting is the key to good results.

Last edited:

Whorty

Lee your stats show you've had a terrible period of form since xmas. I fully expect your injuries have played havoc with training for you :sad:

You'll get it back as the warm weather lifts your spirits

To cheer you up, you still rank higher and than me and Bob :okay:
And way higher than me :okay: Although I'm ranked higher than @Breedon (for now) :tongue: I fear the more Kickr races I do the lower I'll slip down the B rankings :sad: BUT, and this is key, I am a B racer and want to race against those faster than me so no intention of going to C even though I could justify it.

Whorty

Time to get into some racing, like Bob suggested, we should all enter the same races.! No hilly courses hehehe
Flat races I'm OK with, hilly ones I'd be destroyed by D racers :cry: I've done the WBR flat races a few times. Usually 40km, fast and well attended. Would suit you a treat Andy with your power.

The CLS TT yesterday was interesting as they give everyone a TT bike and hence no drafting. So you can use other riders for pacing, but can't draft them. Mush harder as no respite!

Last edited:
Top Bottom