Zwift Chat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
CXRAndy

CXRAndy

Guru
Flat races I'm OK with, hilly ones I'd be destroyed by D racers :cry: I've done the WBR flat races a few times. Usually 40km, fast and well attended. Would suit you a treat Andy with your power.
Yes they would, but I know to give Bob a chance I'll have to put some hills in :tongue: Bait:laugh:

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)
Yes they would, but I know to give Bob a chance I'll have to put some hills in :tongue: Bait:laugh:
Maybe he needs to learn how to up his power to win, and not just rely on his weight to get an advantage :laugh: (is that bait enough? :becool:)

theboxers

TheBoxers on Cycle Sim sw
Bob, I noticed you had a nice increase in ranking position, your 1 min @4W/Kg and all your stats have jumped for this last race. :okay:

I commented about Pete's ride yesterday where he produced an ave of 6W/Kg for 30 mins. Zada would of been all over him like a rash and Pro teams signing him up. :laugh: Its not Pete's fault, its Bkool.:cursing:

I don't think Bkool will ever release a direct drive unit with a calibrated power meter, it will never to be able to match the figures of the Pro units. Bkool wont rewrite their software to correct the massive errors in reporting power and speed with their current pro units. Imagine the uproar, with hundreds of users saying they were never that slow before :biggrin:
To paraphrase the Project Binky guys

I don't mind a little cheeky bit of extra power (most days on the classic are 10-20 watts more on bsim than my power meter)

I don't mind the taking the piss on a rolling ride because I know it'll go back to the little cheeky bit (me on my classic, up a 10+ % slope at 25kph for 90 watts on bsim, because I got the timing right for a slingshot)

I don't want the fantastical miracle power I'm being given by the pro unit I am using (bsim 400 watts, power meter 200) on flats and downhill and even uphill where the speed is being 'adjusted' I'm getting a boost(60-80watts).

On a good day I can average 200-210w for an hour (I'm usually around 190-200 watts) on my power meter, on the right course. I'm realistic as to my abilities and don't feel the need to pump up my ego, I could do that by just adjusting my registered weight and getting an instant performance boost.

I would prefer an accurate reading, but know until bkool level the playing field that'll never happen. I just wish they were more consistant across their trainer versions.

bobinski

Legendary Member
Bob, I noticed you had a nice increase in ranking position, your 1 min @4W/Kg and all your stats have jumped for this last race. :okay:

Unexpected given my performance but welcome nonetheless.

Lee your stats show you've had a terrible period of form since xmas. I fully expect your injuries have played havoc with training for you :sad:

You'll get it back as the warm weather lifts your spirits

To cheer you up, you still rank higher and than me and Bob :okay:

Yeah, drop the beers or we will drop you in the Pyrenees :tongue:

gee thanks Andy - heres my balls#ck take a running kick !:okay:
struggling to be motivated at moment - its annoying when you know you want to ride but you know its gonna hurt when you do
i was relying to much on painkillers and now i refuse to take anything - also been on a bit of a lager frenzy for a while but like you say - with decent weather things will return - no excuses just got to pedal harder yesterday was a bit annoying as i saw you 2 further up the volcano but if i left the group i was in i would have been reeled in on the downhill - i need to draft to have a chance - but i am learning

I feel your pain. I have been avoiding painkillers for the knee except an hour before a ride. ITB pain has resurfaced after consultant decided to test range of movement of knee and hip. Pretty pissed with that because tricky to get through day and night now without pain killers. I know what to do to deal with the ITB so hopefully will improve quickly. If you need to take the pain killers or use localised cream then just do it. I used tablets before the ride and applied ibuprofen gel to the knee as well because I knew it would swell up and it worked just fine.

Well, if you “cough” heavier guys want to maintain your advantage on the flats....

Last edited:

bobinski

Legendary Member
Looking at my data from yesterday’s ride I can see I underperformed. 232w 20-25 or so w below best. I really should be riding close to ftp so need to push harder. That’s sometimes difficult in a race when drafting in a group when you or they don’t want to push on or when you just don’t have the power. Must try harder!

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)
Looking at my data from yesterday’s ride I can see I underperformed. 232w 20-25 or so w below best. I really should be riding close to ftp so need to push harder. That’s sometimes difficult in a race when drafting in a group when you or they don’t want to push on or when you just don’t have the power. Must try harder!
I thing to try is push off the front of a group and see who comes with you - sometimes you'll find there are 3 or 4 others willing to push in too. 4 or 5 of you can often break away from a group where many in that group are just hanging on.

OP
OP
CXRAndy

CXRAndy

Guru

Bob, my results were 40-50w below FTP, which I accept as normal for a nearly 2 hour ride. it's the best AVE power I've produced in a long race by far, so I'm pleased

bobinski

Legendary Member
I thing to try is push off the front of a group and see who comes with you - sometimes you'll find there are 3 or 4 others willing to push in too. 4 or 5 of you can often break away from a group where many in that group are just hanging on.

I tried that a few times yesterday reining in the guy Andy sprinted with. The others were content to hang in rather than push but then we lost them coming down the volcano the 2nd time. 20s turned into 1m 30 and they passed Andy at some point because I can see they were faster by 3min or so. It’s a shame I couldn’t stay with them. Andy and I would have come together earlier and may have both been able to work together and improve our times.

bobinski

Legendary Member
Staring the Sufferfest 30 day yoga challenge today having just re-signed to the Sufferfest. Mrs B has been in at me for years to join her in doing yoga. She hasn’t quite put on her “ I told you so..” face just yet but I can feel it coming :rolleyes:^_^

Top Bottom