Zwift Chat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

bobinski

Legendary Member
Is your knee getting better or worse, sounds worse?

No Andy, sorry for confusion. I haven’t been on turbo much to see if it would help. It hasn’t. I have always been of view the cycling helped even if physio a bit wary of my apparently self serving belief! Point I was making badly is that being off the bike has led to perhaps a not unexpected drop in top end fitness. Middle end and probably bottom end too:laugh:

berty bassett

Legendary Member
Tried to rest my knee recently so have eased back into Zwift with 2 easy paced rides this week. Bit of a shock to system how top end fitness drops so quickly :angry: Probably as much about age too. Anyway, did the zsun club ride today , helped out as unofficial sweeper and had to bail before the end. Just a few efforts to collect and help those off the back were enough to do me in:sad:
we will be racing zimmers up the pairofknees !

berty bassett

Legendary Member
No Andy, sorry for confusion. I haven’t been on turbo much to see if it would help. It hasn’t. I have always been of view the cycling helped even if physio a bit wary of my apparently self serving belief! Point I was making badly is that being off the bike has led to perhaps a not unexpected drop in top end fitness. Middle end and probably bottom end too:laugh:
i know my knee hurts more if i do nothing than if i keep it moving on the bike , think its hard to keep the balance of too much / too little exercise
no bloody fun this 50 thing - hope it gets better in the 60s

<Tommy>

Illegitimi non carborundum
I feel your pain Bob. Maybe more than you think! My knees been bad Since the start of the year but I’ve held back talking about it. Partly because I’ve spent so long taking the piss out of you mentioning yours, and you sort of have copyright on it too.
It’s really taken the fun out of cycling though to be honest so fair play to you for staying motivated. After the nations cup for example I was hobbling around for most of the next week.
What I’m really hoping is that just resting it for a few weeks will help solve the issue. Because otherwise I have a horrible feeling it could be a problem with cartilage or the joint rather than muscle or tendon.
All this and I’m not even 40 yet. I hope you boys are still knocking about when I turn 60, coz I’m going to have a book of excuses that will put Bob’s to shame!

<Tommy>

i know my knee hurts more if i do nothing than if i keep it moving on the bike , think its hard to keep the balance of too much / too little exercise
no bloody fun this 50 thing - hope it gets better in the 60s

I think that’s always going to depend on what the root cause of the problem is Berty. I had a friend with a tendon injury that requires excercise to solve the problem for example. But for other ailments it’s the opposite.

berty bassett

Legendary Member
I think that’s always going to depend on what the root cause of the problem is Berty. I had a friend with a tendon injury that requires excercise to solve the problem for example. But for other ailments it’s the opposite.
i went in and they told me i had torn a ligament some time ago that had caused me to knacker the cartilage up because i left it so long , they told me they had put stitches in somewhere and said it should last 5- 10 years before a new knee ! annoying as when i first went in i was just given pain killers and told to get on with it - worth persisting with seeing docs in the long run

<Tommy>

i went in and they told me i had torn a ligament some time ago that had caused me to knacker the cartilage up because i left it so long , they told me they had put stitches in somewhere and said it should last 5- 10 years before a new knee ! annoying as when i first went in i was just given pain killers and told to get on with it - worth persisting with seeing docs in the long run

F#ck that’s really annoying...

OP
OP
CXRAndy

CXRAndy

Guru
chap I rode with in Tenerife had a new knew a few years ago. other than a bit of flexibility range, it posed no problems for him riding

bobinski

Legendary Member
I feel your pain Bob. Maybe more than you think! My knees been bad Since the start of the year but I’ve held back talking about it. Partly because I’ve spent so long taking the piss out of you mentioning yours, and you sort of have copyright on it too.
It’s really taken the fun out of cycling though to be honest so fair play to you for staying motivated. After the nations cup for example I was hobbling around for most of the next week.
What I’m really hoping is that just resting it for a few weeks will help solve the issue. Because otherwise I have a horrible feeling it could be a problem with cartilage or the joint rather than muscle or tendon.
All this and I’m not even 40 yet. I hope you boys are still knocking about when I turn 60, coz I’m going to have a book of excuses that will put Bob’s to shame!

I don’t know what to say mate. I know what I want to say but feel it would be wrong;):biggrin:

Hopefully just overuse.

What about your shoulder? Or was it your hip?

Last edited:

berty bassett

Legendary Member
Lee, did you have an mri?
yep - to be honest i can't remember in what order things happened , there was an xray and mri also they sent me for physio before the op but things took ages to get moving - i can remember thinking i was going to walk out the hospital without crutches but pretty damn bloody quick changing my mind when i got out of view

bobinski

Legendary Member
Lee, you know that boney lump you have on your shoulder? I have one on outside of my afflicted knee. It has developed over last 2 1/2 years It is always sore, at times painful, to touch. I am sure it’s related to the physiological issues with my knee but the GP, then physio and finally Consultant dismissed this. But that makes no sense!

Top Bottom