Zwift Chat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

berty bassett

Legendary Member
Just don’t make sense - if you have a lump where there never used to be one and it hurts then surely something is amiss ! I had an X-ray to make sure mine wasn’t broken and last time I saw someone he said I just have to live with it - now I have been waiting 3 weeks to see doc to see what next step is and during this time I have had shingles in my eye ! Talk about trying to get moneys worth out of nhs

bobinski

Legendary Member
Just don’t make sense - if you have a lump where there never used to be one and it hurts then surely something is amiss ! I had an X-ray to make sure mine wasn’t broken and last time I saw someone he said I just have to live with it - now I have been waiting 3 weeks to see doc to see what next step is and during this time I have had shingles in my eye ! Talk about trying to get moneys worth out of nhs

:eek:

:laugh:

<Tommy>

Illegitimi non carborundum
I don’t know what to say mate. I know what I want to say but feel it would be wrong;):biggrin:

Hopefully just overuse.

What about your shoulder? Or was it your hip?

^_^

Not like you to hold back. New found self restraint? :tongue:

The shoulders much better thanks. I’m always going to have problems with it. But I’m being much more pro active in my approach. I’ve got a routine using resistance bands which has been really good. And I’ve learnt through talking to a chiropractor friend about general body maintenance. To try and pay more attention to the signs things are about to go tits up!

So basically now I can’t use that as an excuse anymore I’m going to have to pin all my hopes on my crappy knee... Oh and my weight! Have I mentioned how much weight of put on lately?! I may need to use a chair lift in the Pyreneese at this rate...

<Tommy>

Lee, you know that boney lump you have on your shoulder? I have one on outside of my afflicted knee. It has developed over last 2 1/2 years It is always sore, at times painful, to touch. I am sure it’s related to the physiological issues with my knee but the GP, then physio and finally Consultant dismissed this. But that makes no sense!

My big fear with lumps like that would be arthritis of course. But surely a doctor would be all over that... ecspecially in your case Bob it’s bloody frustrating that between 3 professionals no one could pin it on something specific. In your case Berty is definitely be pushing to get more opinions.

bobinski

Legendary Member
My big fear with lumps like that would be arthritis of course. But surely a doctor would be all over that... ecspecially in your case Bob it’s bloody frustrating that between 3 professionals no one could pin it on something specific. In your case Berty is definitely be pushing to get more opinions.

The consultant mentioned arthritis in joint, not the lump, but mainly as a reason to avoid an mri. The thing is the pain or discomfort in my knee shifts all over the bloody place. It’s always there on the lump.also often under the knee cap, especially when the leg won’t straighten out through the joint. And then there’s the sharp pain at the front going deeper into the knee. I am sure some of that is mechanical because the latter is a pain associated with movement, walking or sometimes 4w plus efforts on the bike. That one can go down the shin into my foot. That is nasty. The rest is just there.
Lee, morning and evening ice packs help me and I will sometimes use them before and after hour plus rides. Deep squats using trx straps for support pre and post ride too.

berty bassett

Legendary Member
I do believe that you adapt to what you have at the end of the day
I know I sort of guard my knee a bit and on long rides the right leg gets tired first so guessing it does more work
My brother was a cross country runner and was good in his day till he got beat up by idiots who stamped on his foot and snapped the guide from his big toe - he has adapted his running style so he can still do a bit
I guess we are getting old Bob what is sheet but better than the alternative
Tommy has just got growing pains still ! :okay:

bobinski

Legendary Member
I do believe that you adapt to what you have at the end of the day
I know I sort of guard my knee a bit and on long rides the right leg gets tired first so guessing it does more work
My brother was a cross country runner and was good in his day till he got beat up by idiots who stamped on his foot and snapped the guide from his big toe - he has adapted his running style so he can still do a bit
I guess we are getting old Bob what is sheet but better than the alternative
Tommy has just got growing pains still ! :okay:

Oh, for sure. We just need to ensure the medical professionals advise us properly and that the advice is evidence based. I know I have accommodated the greater power difference between right and left leg but consequence is that my back goes on left side because my body weight rotates to left side.Happened in the worlds, ventoux last year and France year before. It sone of the reasons I want dual pm on the bike so I can monitor left/right power and correct or ease of on The left. Is that not the most elaborate excuse for a pm yet? :biggrin:

<Tommy>

Oh, for sure. We just need to ensure the medical professionals advise us properly and that the advice is evidence based. I know I have accommodated the greater power difference between right and left leg but consequence is that my back goes on left side because my body weight rotates to left side.Happened in the worlds, ventoux last year and France year before. It sone of the reasons I want dual pm on the bike so I can monitor left/right power and correct or ease of on The left. Is that not the most elaborate excuse for a pm yet? :biggrin:

To be honest I think it’s one of the only valid reasons for getting a dual sided pm. (Feel free to copy paste that quote, show it to your wife, and pay me later :okay:)

Seriously though... in most cases trying to get the L/R balance spot on, can actually prove counter productive. And the optimal pedal stroke is much more complex than simply that statistic alone. But in your case I think there is a genuine reason for wanting acces to that data as it is a way of monitoring your ‘condition’.

I also agree with Berty in that the body does adapt. But I don’t think that means it’s coping. Moreover just working the best way it can under the circumstance. As Bob says, this can lead to other problems down the line. I had a guy working for me who started off with a bad knee. But through compensating for this eventually caused all sorts of other problems which meant ultimately a false hip, and compressed discs in his back.

This is the problem I have with my knee. People say to me, do squats to strengthen the muscle around the knee to take the pressure off the knee. But for me this is just papaweing over the cracks. Sure I’ll do the squats if that’s what it comes down too. But I want to know what the underlining issue is too.

bobinski

Legendary Member

To be honest I think it’s one of the only valid reasons for getting a dual sided pm. (Feel free to copy paste that quote, show it to your wife, and pay me later :okay:)

Seriously though... in most cases trying to get the L/R balance spot on, can actually prove counter productive. And the optimal pedal stroke is much more complex than simply that statistic alone. But in your case I think there is a genuine reason for wanting acces to that data as it is a way of monitoring your ‘condition’.

I also agree with Berty in that the body does adapt. But I don’t think that means it’s coping. Moreover just working the best way it can under the circumstance. As Bob says, this can lead to other problems down the line. I had a guy working for me who started off with a bad knee. But through compensating for this eventually caused all sorts of other problems which meant ultimately a false hip, and compressed discs in his back.

This is the problem I have with my knee. People say to me, do squats to strengthen the muscle around the knee to take the pressure off the knee. But for me this is just papaweing over the cracks. Sure I’ll do the squats if that’s what it comes down too. But I want to know what the underlining issue is too.

Physio has me doing squats with back against wall and I slide down the wall until
knee almost 90%_ or too painful- and then come back up. Harder than it sounds for me at least. But the idea is strengthens without exacerbating knee and you are more in control of stopping if pai kicks in. To be honest I prefer the trx straps for squats but may work for you.

Too Tyred

Hi guys! I haven't been on here for a while! My trainer broke at Christmas and I'm still struggling with the customer service to get it sorted out. I sense my perseverence has nearly paid off as they have agreed to replace it. However the dispatch date keeps getting knocked back and because I've kicked up another fuss they are saying I can wait while 11/4 for a replacement Elite Qubo Digital Smart B+ or they have offered a (cheaper) Bkool go now, which isn't Zwift compat so they can stick that. However, their Bkool smart PRO2 is on offer and nearly the same price as the Qubo so I'm trying to get them to send one of those instead. I seem to remember a lot of guys on here using Bkools, is the PRO2 a decent option? Is it definitely Zwift compat?

Should be hearing back this afternoon, I'd really appreciate someone's 2 penneth shortly!

OP
OP
CXRAndy

CXRAndy

Guru
It will work, but isn't perfect. this is due to tb Bkool not having a power meter. The best way to make it work most reliably is to unplug the bkool pro after you've logged in to Zwift- this resets the trainer and it works more realistically.

A more upmarket trainer would serve you better but there is a cost downside

Top Bottom