Zwift Chat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mjd1988

Guru
But we must be close on points, if there is a points classification. Actually, we may both be behind Andy?

Doubt I'll be passing you on this course! Yeah Andy definitely has the consistency points, strong every time 💪

steverob

Guru
I have a feeling you and I Steve will be battling it out for last position again this week unless we can encourage some Ds to join :B)
You’re 12kg lighter than me, I’ve got no chance of hanging on to you once it goes upwards.

My plan is to ignore the race itself and just use TT tactics of a constant wattage. Probably 240ish for the lumpy bit and hope I’ve got enough left in the tank to do 280ish on the climb.

mjd1988

Guru
You’re 12kg lighter than me, I’ve got no chance of hanging on to you once it goes upwards.

My plan is to ignore the race itself and just use TT tactics of a constant wattage. Probably 240ish for the lumpy bit and hope I’ve got enough left in the tank to do 280ish on the climb.

I'd imagine it will likely stick together until the petit KOM. Then who knows. I could kill myself trying to hold Pete's wheel there but then I might lose more time on the final climb. Will likely try and stay with bigger group as long as possible then roglic the end

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)

You beat me on the dirt climb recently so I'm not expecting to beat you tomorrow. Your watts are so much higher than mine. I have no way to hit 280 watts on the climb, I'll be lucky to hold 220 watts and maybe only 200 on the rolling sections. Gone are the days I could hold 250 watts :surrender:

steverob

Guru
But we must be close on points, if there is a points classification. Actually, we may both be behind Andy?
Funnily enough I did mess around with a points system previously but I didn't publish the results because it was just a bit of fun on my part (and the system itself is a little nerdy and would need a lot of explanation).

But for the record, Pete would just barely be ahead of Andy, with Michael a little way back in 3rd.

What is interesting is that Zwifterbikes.com rates the Tron as being a better option than a lightweight bike/wheels combo given the climbing doesn't really start until you're more than 60% into the course - what time you lose on the hills, you gain more than that on the flats. Don't know that I'll be following that advice, but it is something to consider.

I have a feeling you and I Steve will be battling it out for last position again this week unless we can encourage some Ds to join
I may go for the Tron as I am at disadvantage on the Flats due to my lower watts/weight. Fight you for last position! Not cycled for days due to visiting Daughter and extra Dancing.

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)
240W for me is 2.5 w/kg, 270 is 2.85. My best this year so far for a 30-35 minute race is 255W, so that should be a target I can reasonably achieve.

We're going to be pretty well matched, and Harry too. My decision is do I try to stick to Andy on the rolling and try to get a draft advantage to the climb with hopefully a gap I can hang on to (although with his steering drafting us not as efficient) or do I try to tempo like you and hit the climb with something left in the legs?

Should be a good race for the 3 of us.

Top Bottom