Zwift Chat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

alex_cycles

Veteran
Found my problem.

View attachment 728058

When running Sauce, Zwift and OBS. CPU Max's out at 100% . It's an i5 but an older design. If so drop sauce recordings are smooth with around 75% CPU capacity. Time to look for a newer PC

Yes - now I think about it, the rubberbanding (your rider bouncing forwards and back) we used to sometimes see on some of your videos is usually an indication that the CPU is struggling a bit. Sauce takes quite a bit of juice - almost as much as Zwift itself. So good idea to treat yourself to an upgrade :okay:

Brusgaard

Über Guru
Found my problem.

When running Sauce, Zwift and OBS. CPU Max's out at 100% . It's an i5 but an older design. If so drop sauce recordings are smooth with around 75% CPU capacity. Time to look for a newer PC

U-models are for office PCs - not gaming! The built-in graphics is lackluster too… And using wifi is another no-no.
But at least you’ve got 16 GB of RAM. ^_^

This is just an observation, I was doing a workout today ( Breakfast returns) when I was doing 2.0 wkg a guy came past doing 4.5 w/kg. When I did a effort of 3.8 W/kg I sailed past him and "looked over his shoulder" to see 117 watts, I went back to 2.0 w/kg and he went past again and sure enough 4.5 wkg at 117 watts. So the guy ( a romanian) apparently weighed 26kg, approx 4 stone. No age in his profile.
So was he 7 years old, very ill, stupid or cheating very badly?

Peter Salt

Bittersweet
This is just an observation, I was doing a workout today ( Breakfast returns) when I was doing 2.0 wkg a guy came past doing 4.5 w/kg. When I did a effort of 3.8 W/kg I sailed past him and "looked over his shoulder" to see 117 watts, I went back to 2.0 w/kg and he went past again and sure enough 4.5 wkg at 117 watts. So the guy ( a romanian) apparently weighed 26kg, approx 4 stone. No age in his profile.
So was he 7 years old, very ill, stupid or cheating very badly?
Proper kids profiles - i.e. profiles set up for kids by parents that have a Zwift account (and managed by said parent) differ from 'standard' profiles - have some options outright disabled (e.g. no way to activate chat) and less information public (e.g. age not visible even with two way 'follow'). So yes, it's very likely you were racing a small child. No judging :laugh:

Proper kids profiles - i.e. profiles set up for kids by parents that have a Zwift account (and managed by said parent) differ from 'standard' profiles - have some options outright disabled (e.g. no way to activate chat) and less information public (e.g. age not visible even with two way 'follow'). So yes, it's very likely you were racing a small child. No judging :laugh:
This may need investigation, my missus has a 7yr old grandson who is ruddy tiny, but rides a bike, trouble is his single speed is too small to go on my turbo LOL.

bridgy

Legendary Member
Hey @Peter Salt talking of young lightweights with ridiculous w/kg, look who I beat into 4th place in a race last night - your nemesis from the ZRL a couple of seasons back ^_^
car chase race results.jpg

OP
OP
CXRAndy

CXRAndy

Guru
Friday Smash, got sort of smash up by everyone :B)

Tried a bit too hard to push the pace and make a gap from my direct competition.

Michal has proven his youth is better at recovering than my power. Phil showed a clean set of pedals upto the finish line

alex_cycles

Veteran
Friday Smash, got sort of smash up by everyone :B)

Tried a bit too hard to push the pace and make a gap from my direct competition.

Michal has proven his youth is better at recovering than my power. Phil showed a clean set of pedals upto the finish line

Michał stayed with Stephen and me right up to the final sprint. I had a draft van powerup, so my plan was to try and draft Stephen and go round at the end. But my heart sank when he dropped his feather. He's already about 6kg lighter than me, so chopping off another 6 was too much to manage. We did carve out 5s on Michał there though and Stephen got me by 1.1s

OP
OP
CXRAndy

CXRAndy

Guru
Stephen beat me last week in a strong sprint. He out drafted me and then held me off.

Phil is now leading the D league. I need a win and for Phil to not podium to snatch the overall.

What course is it???

Today's video

View: https://youtu.be/-3RZjYfE1E0?si=itFOE6ADokQh_CKz

I've got a new PC on order, I convinced myself to go for a decent spec, I'm getting a 3D printer in a few months so wanted a faster machine.

My little NUC will be retired to a more suitable function (possible solar charging controller)

alex_cycles

Veteran
Stephen beat me last week in a strong sprint. He out drafted me and then held me off.

Phil is now leading the D league. I need a win and for Phil to not podium to snatch the overall.

What course is it???

Nice flattish/rolling one for you. LaGuardia reverse x2. I will be finishing the Chasing Classics on Sunday, so hopefully might be a bit more spritely next week. (Currently 5th in GC across 4 time zones. 1 & 2 are Emeralds though :eek: I need to beat the guy above me by 4 places to steal 4th. Not looking likely, but will give it a go.

I've got a new PC on order, I convinced myself to go for a decent spec, I'm getting a 3D printer in a few months so wanted a faster machine.
YAY.

13 rider

Guru
Quite happy with my race in the fact that I beat Andy my main rival ,but can't help thinking I let a potential win ride off up the road when Micheal went with Alex on the 2nd lap ,I was hoping Andy would chase it down ,not sure he was thinking the same as me and waiting for me to chase it .Just about covered all of Andy attacks was one the edge a couple of times was expecting one last big downhill attack as I didn't think Andy would want the hill to decide it which is more favourable to me

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)
Quite happy with my race in the fact that I beat Andy my main rival ,but can't help thinking I let a potential win ride off up the road when Micheal went with Alex on the 2nd lap ,I was hoping Andy would chase it down ,not sure he was thinking the same as me and waiting for me to chase it .Just about covered all of Andy attacks was one the edge a couple of times was expecting one last big downhill attack as I didn't think Andy would want the hill to decide it which is more favourable to me

Birthday today, so not able to make it. Hopefully can join next week. If I remember! I forget these races are on as not used to riding on Friday mornings

Peter Salt

Bittersweet
This may need investigation, my missus has a 7yr old grandson who is ruddy tiny, but rides a bike, trouble is his single speed is too small to go on my turbo LOL.
I've got an account set up for my son. If I remember correctly, it's free of charge until his 14 or 15. For such a small child/bike/wheels you'll be limited to a 'wheel-on' trainer. I got a used Elite Qubo for mine and that proved very flexible across different wheel sizes.

You don't want to race him up a hill. Small kids can have some ridiculous W/kg numbers
Can confirm that's the case, even for completely untrained kids.

Hey @Peter Salt talking of young lightweights with ridiculous w/kg, look who I beat into 4th place in a race last night - your nemesis from the ZRL a couple of seasons back ^_^
View attachment 728102
Love that!

Top Bottom