Zwift Chat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

bobinski

Legendary Member
Had a pop at stage 2 just now for the purposes of guaging a 20m effort. 260w so 3.6w/k. 18w short new year best so bang on target for ToC . Helped to have to chase down riders and Carl egging me on. Had to stop to get to work. May race this at 8pm tonight though I appreciate late for most of you.

Too Tyred

Very interested in the Tour of California rides but I was busy yesterday. Does that mean I have missed stage 1 now or can I find it somewhere else to ride it? If so I'll just skip it and start on stage 2. I got the Jersey from last year (in-game I didn't win the prize) so I'll be wearing that! ;)

Edit - I can't see stage 1 on zwift events so looks like stage 2!

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)
Had a pop at stage 2 just now for the purposes of guaging a 20m effort. 260w so 3.6w/k. 18w short new year best so bang on target for ToC . Helped to have to chase down riders and Carl egging me on. Had to stop to get to work. May race this at 8pm tonight though I appreciate late for most of you.
You was on fire Bob :okay: shame you didn't have time to finish. Hope you're as strong tonight.

Too Tyred

Fraction early for me I only ate not so long ago. Feel like this tour will be a break from the workouts which are starting to bore me. Looked at the scheduled workout for today and I really cba with split zone 2/3 30 minutes in 2 then straight into 20 minutes at pretty much FTP... no thanks!

The thing for me with Zwift is that's it's super social, so use it that way. Join groups, race, do events that sort of thing. The workouts are a lonely place. Don't get me started on group workouts, just no!

bobinski

Legendary Member
Sorry for late notice but under pressure to eat with family :rolleyes:^_^ I nearly chose an over and unders workout but decided to have another 20m blast and then just finish the ride. It’s unrepresentative because there’s none of the build up aside from a 25m warm up beforehand. Still training peaks has me at a new ftp of 269w which I will take even if a little unrealistic :smile:

bobinski

Legendary Member
Rode stage 3 tonight on Watopia 8. Interesting that I put out more watts for the lap than previously but a minute and 30s slower today. It’s all about the draft. 250 starters and stayed top 20 for first 8-9km. Then a group of 10 pulled away. I tried to bridge and burnt bright but faded. Slowed and the others caught and then 10 or so went after the first group. I hadn’t recovered from my first effort so sat in nut my group slowed and after a while I had no alternative but to give chase. Alone for quite a stretch. Passed by a few putting out 5-6wk :rolleyes: decided to carry on tapping out 3.4w. The. a few joined me for last 5km. Badly timed sprint lost me a few places. Overall,, quite happy. Tomorrow’s is a short sharp blast. 7pm or even 8pm. Anyone want to join me?

bobinski

Legendary Member
BB207960-F04A-4ABB-8EE4-7BD568B16236.jpeg

278w average for the course so 3.8w/k. But I would not have been able to keep it up for much longer. If at all.

First TT. Kept forgetting you cannot draft:biggrin:

Last edited:
Top Bottom