Zwift Chat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
If it didnt happen on zwiftpower....;):biggrin:
Screenshot_2018-05-29-17-31-07.png

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)
https://www.strava.com/activities/1603687120

The Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse completed. Man that hurt. Died a thousand deaths on The Alp, so cruel putting it last! Nearly 7,000 feet of climbing. Wow.
:notworthy:

JuhaL

Guru
Hi Folks. I have started to build new tactics how to ride indoor sessions. I am gonna use Quarq powermeter as a power source. Bkool smart pro gives a little bit too good picture of my power output and ftp. Quarq doesn't show exactly the realistic picture either but i think lower output numbers is better than too high. With the Zwift Quarq work well as a power source but not for sure how it works with Bkool Sim.

bobinski

Legendary Member
Hi Folks. I have started to build new tactics how to ride indoor sessions. I am gonna use Quarq powermeter as a power source. Bkool smart pro gives a little bit too good picture of my power output and ftp. Quarq doesn't show exactly the realistic picture either but i think lower output numbers is better than too high. With the Zwift Quarq work well as a power source but not for sure how it works with Bkool Sim.

That’s excellent news. Much better to know your real power and stamina. Zwift riders and racers FB Pages are a good source of info on quark as you probably already know.

JuhaL

Guru
That’s excellent news. Much better to know your real power and stamina. Zwift riders and racers FB Pages are a good source of info on quark as you probably already know.
Actually i am not visit there FB pages yet. I don't have FB account but that doesn't prevent me to go to see what people talk in there. Thanks for info.

OP
OP
CXRAndy

CXRAndy

Guru
With the Zwift Quarq work well as a power source but not for sure how it works with Bkool Sim.

Bkool sim wont allow two power sources. Either its bkool pro or Quarq, not both . If you choose Quarq I believe bkool then says no trainer, so resistance wont alter.

JuhaL

Guru
Bkool sim wont allow two power sources. Either its bkool pro or Quarq, not both . If you choose Quarq I believe bkool then says no trainer, so resistance wont alter.
I have a same thought. There's a mark in my memory that i have try that sometimes with bkool sim and it says that trainer not selected. But i keep testing someday, is it worthy or not.

uclown2002

Guru
I use a Quarq dfour on zwift and it closely matches (~1.5-2%) my Neo throughout the full power range.

JuhaL

Guru
I use a Quarq dfour on zwift and it closely matches (~1.5-2%) my Neo throughout the full power range.
Don't know how well power readings matches depending what smart trainer you are using or how you test. Few days ago i ride with Zwift and i paired my Quarq Riken R with Garmin 1000 and Bkool Smart Pro 1 with Zwift. I ride London's Greatest London Flat. That test gives 189W with Garmin and Quarq and 219W with Zwift and Bkool Smart Pro1. But i am gonna keep up testing. Next time i leave my Garmin 1000 on my desk and test Quarq and Bkool separately with Zwift, maybe that gives less discrepancy.

OP
OP
CXRAndy

CXRAndy

Guru
Don't know how well power readings matches depending what smart trainer you are using or how you test. Few days ago i ride with Zwift and i paired my Quarq Riken R with Garmin 1000 and Bkool Smart Pro 1 with Zwift. I ride London's Greatest London Flat. That test gives 189W with Garmin and Quarq and 219W with Zwift and Bkool Smart Pro1. But i am gonna keep up testing. Next time i leave my Garmin 1000 on my desk and test Quarq and Bkool separately with Zwift, maybe that gives less discrepancy.

Thats about right, Bkool over reads by 30-80W. The more power you develop the bigger the over read from Bkool pro, some have reported in excess of 100w

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)
Try this test. Power up in swift, and really go for it and build up some speed. Then stop pedalling and coast. The Pro will still show watts as the avatar sloiws down. Presumably your power meter will go to zero power instantly. The pro seems to calculate watts based on gradient, rider weight and speed so if you're going 30kph on a flat section given your weight it will derive that you must be pushing x watts. It seems to get confused when in a draft on swift ~ the draft will make your avatar travel faster, the pro will then over calculate watts. As Bob says, try the hilly sections. With no draft effect and gravity slowing down avatar faster, the watts will be closer.

I don't think speed is impacted too badly compared to watts - I'm no faster on swift on the Pro compared to the kicker, but watts will be higher. This will impact your ftp for training plans, w/kg and hence whch group you race against.

Anyway, that's all my analysis having both trainers and switching between them and seeing the impacts.

Riding on bkool Sim though is a whole different kettle of fish

Top Bottom