Zwift Chat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)
Joined a race without intending to finish it as I'd already done a ride round Watopia.

I got left at the line. I suspect you need to be pedalling already, because I did a standing start and got left with 2 other riders? Chased for a while but wasn't really closing the gap, so bailed out after around 2km.

I'm going to try out another one soon.
You need to be at max power + 3 seconds before the bell, then keep this for 2-3 minutes, hope the pace slackens, then hang in there until you die a painful death!

uclown2002

Guru
Dave, I asked about this elsewhere and was told we need to contact Zwift, set up a group and rides and then ask them to authorise the races/rides? I am happy to make the enquiry. Do you know the Zwift contact email address?
Think I may have misunderstood. I thought you meant closed roads but I now think you are talking about invite only?

uclown2002

Guru
Dave Ransom(sticky bottle) I understand uses a Neo and has it set at 10% - note he is a serious/talented racer at the pointy end of category A . This makes the climbs seem much less, flattening the course. Zwift works out the speed from the power numbers you produce, these do not alter. The sensation you will have is you will be using a much bigger gear to climb with to create resistance for you to develop the power. Not so much resistance to kill your cadence though. A tactic to reduce gear shifts to absolute minimum

Ultimately if you're observant in races you will select gearing to predict pace changes and climbs

I have left my setting at 50% because it allows me to use a 53/39t crank up the Alp climb with a 28t sprocket. I then don't have to faff changing gears over for any event in Zwift
Mine is about 15% and have not changed it for 9 months.

Norry1

Legendary Member
Which side are you climbing Martin-Vilaflor?

That was the plan. Went with combative who run tours. Started at their cafe in San Miguel but after 6km the road to Vilaflor was closed for resurfacing! They drove us 30km to make the ascent from Chia in the west.

Really enjoyed it, 34 degrees and bright blue. Just over 5,000 feet of climbing. Happy boy in the bath now :becool:

OP
OP
CXRAndy

CXRAndy

Guru
That was the plan. Went with combative who run tours. Started at their cafe in San Miguel but after 6km the road to Vilaflor was closed for resurfacing! They drove us 30km to make the ascent from Chia in the west.

Really enjoyed it, 34 degrees and bright blue. Just over 5,000 feet of climbing. Happy boy in the bath now :becool:

I had forgotten you werep going with a tour. I could of sent you a couple of rides from my last outing. Where are you staying?

bobinski

Legendary Member
Think I may have misunderstood. I thought you meant closed roads but I now think you are talking about invite only?

Yep, which is not on cards just yet.

Doesn’t stop us joining races as a group and competing or working together but I know many here want to try and replicate the bkool races.

OP
OP
CXRAndy

CXRAndy

Guru
Last edited:

Whorty

Yep, which is not on cards just yet.

Doesn’t stop us joining races as a group and competing or working together but I know many here want to try and replicate the bkool races.
I'm all for us joining group races and racing as a team, helping each other where we can but ultimately also racing against each other :smile:

Whorty

Ideally we need to find a uncategorised race they are few and far between
Or we all enter A cat then no one can be upset with us sandbagging. But then, without ZwiftPower races are fine but we can't see the results and no one can complain if we enter the wrong cat.

uclown2002

Guru
Why don't you ride on London on Watopia day for example and meet at a start point with a pre-agreed route?

No results screen though but maybe it's not important.

Top Bottom