Zwift Chat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

theboxers

TheBoxers on Cycle Sim sw
most cafe peak stops are decent Tommy :smile:
Plenty of cake then :mrpig:

theboxers

TheBoxers on Cycle Sim sw
Put it this way. If Greggs ever tried to open a ‘bakery’ in France, they’d probably bring the guillotine back!
I said cake not cr@^€÷$^#/_#_#p. I can not remember the last time I stopped to a greggs. Years not months or weeks, years. At least since they took over and remodelled the local bakery 4 or 5 years ago.

Not that I don't eat the type of food they sell. I just can't stand their version of it. xx(

Last edited:
OP
OP
CXRAndy

CXRAndy

Guru
I love Gregg's :smile:.

Tommy the lesser used climbs, just look out for lots of customers, a good sign generally. There are some pricier cafes around, all depends on how much you want to spend for a large coffee and chocolate croissant. Less than €3 is a fair price

<Tommy>

Illegitimi non carborundum

Tommy the lesser used climbs, just look out for lots of customers, a good sign generally. There are some pricier cafes around, all depends on how much you want to spend for a large coffee and chocolate croissant. Less than €3 is a fair price

Yes all good Andy, good advice for the world over I guess. I suppose what I was asking Norry is if he had a specific restaraunt he could recommend. Nice places to have a meal which he could testify to, as well as just places for stops. Like I say we are only there for a short time, but personally I would go out of my way if someone had a nice place they’d discovered.

bobinski

Legendary Member

Any curry houses? ;)^_^

Norry1

Legendary Member
@TurboTommy If I only had 2 days, I think I would do Alpe D'Huez (if you haven't done it before) one day and Col de Glandon/Croix de Fer the second.

If you are staying up at Huez, I'd start by riding the Sarenne, then down it - then along to Bourg D'Oisans and up Alpe D'Huez.

The scenery is awesome going up to the Croix de Fer - and it is a monster climb. Great descent too - hit 53.6mph today :smile:

Not found any stunning restaurants/cafes. La Romanche in Bourg D'Oisans is good for an evening meal, but not worth travelling to. We're eating at Auberge la Douce Montagne most nights this time - as we are staying in allemont, http://www.ladoucemontagne.com/en

Most cafes are good - at least when you are starved and gasping, they seem brilliant. Nice cafe at top of Croix de Fer.

<Tommy>

Illegitimi non carborundum
@TurboTommy If I only had 2 days, I think I would do Alpe D'Huez (if you haven't done it before) one day and Col de Glandon/Croix de Fer the second.

If you are staying up at Huez, I'd start by riding the Sarenne, then down it - then along to Bourg D'Oisans and up Alpe D'Huez.

The scenery is awesome going up to the Croix de Fer - and it is a monster climb. Great descent too - hit 53.6mph today :smile:

Not found any stunning restaurants/cafes. La Romanche in Bourg D'Oisans is good for an evening meal, but not worth travelling to. We're eating at Auberge la Douce Montagne most nights this time - as we are staying in allemont, http://www.ladoucemontagne.com/en

Most cafes are good - at least when you are starved and gasping, they seem brilliant. Nice cafe at top of Croix de Fer.

That’s very helpful many thanks Norry. None of us have done alp d’huez before and it is basically the main focal point of the trip. Having ridden it dozens of times on the turbo it’s an itch I really have to scratch! But I have heard a few times recently that there are nicer climbs around the area. I think a lot of the guys have it in there head they want to put in a good time up d’huez so maybe your suggestion would be perfect. Nice little warm up then have a blast up the hill. Personally I’m hoping to put in two big days. But we still have loads of time before we go. So maybe I’ll bend your ear again nearer the time.

Norry1

Legendary Member
That’s very helpful many thanks Norry. None of us have done alp d’huez before and it is basically the main focal point of the trip. Having ridden it dozens of times on the turbo it’s an itch I really have to scratch! But I have heard a few times recently that there are nicer climbs around the area. I think a lot of the guys have it in there head they want to put in a good time up d’huez so maybe your suggestion would be perfect. Nice little warm up then have a blast up the hill. Personally I’m hoping to put in two big days. But we still have loads of time before we go. So maybe I’ll bend your ear again nearer the time.

Feel free. Might be easier to talk rather than type - I think you have my mobile number from the ToC WhatsApp group.

Norry1

Legendary Member
We leave Saturday.
Tomorrow we will do a ride - then watch the Tour go through Allemont.
Friday we'll ride to Bourg D'Oisans and watch the preamble and the start of the stage - then do a ride.
Saturday - come home :sad:

It has been a great trip so far - awesome house, awesome weather, awesome rides :smile:

OP
OP
CXRAndy

CXRAndy

Guru
Tommy, Bob, If you want a nice meal go here
Bourg-d Oisans .
38 Rue du Général de Gaulle
38 Rue du Général de Gaulle, 38520 Le Bourg-d'Oisans, France
https://goo.gl/maps/eY3LAmThwrR2

The restaurant next door to the cycle shop is decent. The cycle shop is very busy and excellent with quick cheap repairs. I got my bike wheel re-spoked, another new chainring, another derailleur repair.

Cafe du Paris. nice pint .
35 Avenue Dr Louis Fauré
35 Avenue Dr Louis Fauré, 38520 Le Bourg-d'Oisans, France
https://goo.gl/maps/B21wAwrwuqK2
Avenue de la République
https://goo.gl/maps/YWWzXeqB6gx

Last edited:
Top Bottom