Zwift Chat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)
Apart from the peanut who tried to punch a rider:cursing:

French authorities should come down really hard on this type of behaviour
Not much police around on the climb apparently - the Tour organisers really need to police these mountain stages better. All riders should be protected at all times. Those smoke bombs today were a friggin nightmare.

Breedon

Legendary Member
Not much police around on the climb apparently - the Tour organisers really need to police these mountain stages better. All riders should be protected at all times. Those smoke bombs today were a friggin nightmare.
It's things like that, is why I've stopped watching cycling it's really annoying and you get idiots running by them and getting in the way :evil:

Whorty

It's things like that, is why I've stopped watching cycling it's really annoying and you get idiots running by them and getting in the way :evil:
It does make me shout at the TV. Really makes me angry that these fat (and they are usually fat), so called fans think they have the right to touch the riders. (I'm assuming as it's after 8 o'clock spoilers are allowed ******** spoiler alert ******* apparently it was a spectator that made Nibali crash today. I'm not a fan of him personally, but certainly don't want to see him lose time because some idiot has got in his may. And as for the guy who hit Froome, I do hope the TV cameras get him identified and he has the police knock on his door tonight!

Aleman

Knees are FUBAR but I don't like to mention it
Watched live and it was a fricking spectator one of a group the wrong side of the barriers!!!

Twats

LBHIFI

Veteran
It does make me shout at the TV. Really makes me angry that these fat (and they are usually fat), so called fans think they have the right to touch the riders. (I'm assuming as it's after 8 o'clock spoilers are allowed ******** spoiler alert ******* apparently it was a spectator that made Nibali crash today.
He didn't just loose time, he's out :sad:

OP
OP
CXRAndy

CXRAndy

Guru

Well done, good photo. Awesome atmosphere.

Excellent example of looking through/beyond the corner

theboxers

TheBoxers on Cycle Sim sw
Excellent photo.
What a superb day of racing. I watched on my phone and I am glad I did rather than just watch the highlights which didn’t quite catch the atmosphere and drama. Dutch corner, the flares etc. Shame about some of the crap spectator behaviour
I think, unfortunately, the the 'fans' have a selective memory. Cheering on others that have done, and served bans for, what they accuse team Sky of doing. I do understand the mindset though. They fear a repeat of the late nineties / noughties.

Booing a rider ok make your feelings known, yeah ok, do that. Throwing punches and other stuff at riders, no, too far you're an idiot and not a fan.

The beauty of cycling is access. You can get close enough to the action to make a difference, unfortunately (Nibali). But the atmosphere you can generate as @Norry1 shows can be second to none. Show enthusiasm and excitement but don't lose perspective.

I'm enjoying this years edition of the TdF. It has lived up to expectations and provided some well deserved stage victories to the riders that make the excitement possible but don't get the recognition they so rightly deserve.[

Last edited:
OP
OP
CXRAndy

CXRAndy

Guru
They were doing a Dutch TV programme from the bar where we watched the stage yesterday - in between running outside when the race passed by. There was an older guy sat there who turned out to be Joop Zoetemelk.

Rubbish photo, but I didn't want to bother him whilst he was sat in the bar.

View: https://www.instagram.com/p/BlcfZHkB1k_/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

Who?

https://g.co/kgs/PNbcLn

https://www.dutchnews.nl/features/2011/11/joop_zoetemelk_a_great_cyclist/

Last edited:

Whorty

He didn't just loose time, he's out :sad:
Feck. Like I say, not a fan of Nibali but as a top rider you want them to stay in the race and not have to give up due to the idiots watching. The organisers need to look at how how they manage the spectators because this is not good for cycling.

Top Bottom