Zwift Chat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

bobinski

Legendary Member
Paul
Just seen you are in A. I float at the bottom of B where I will race .
Good luck!

bobinski

Legendary Member
Ha!
Bailed after one lap. Still, a bloody fast lap. Paul pulled away on the KOM.very impressive. Lee went after him and I tried to keep Lee within a minute on a 25 min climb. As I crested he was 1m 24 in front, Paul some 4min further ahead. I was fecked and rested before deciding to chase Lee down on the flat. Sent him a message when the gap was down to a minute saying I was coming to get him^_^
I reckon it brought back memories of Soho coz he sped up! Not fast enough and I caught him with 2k to go. Of course, he continued and I bailed but I can forget that with a new ftp of 266w and pb”s up KOM and for the full course
Thanks Lee:okay:

bridgy

Legendary Member
Ha!
Bailed after one lap. Still, a bloody fast lap. Paul pulled away on the KOM.very impressive. Lee went after him and I tried to keep Lee within a minute on a 25 min climb. As I crested he was 1m 24 in front, Paul some 4min further ahead. I was fecked and rested before deciding to chase Lee down on the flat. Sent him a message when the gap was down to a minute saying I was coming to get him^_^
I reckon it brought back memories of Soho coz he sped up! Not fast enough and I caught him with 2k to go. Of course, he continued and I bailed but I can forget that with a new ftp of 266w and pb”s up KOM and for the full course
Thanks Lee:okay:
Phew that was hard!!!! Nice little hill that!

I wasn't really 4 minutes ahead of Lee after the first ascent - that was exaggerated as I was on the way down when you guys were still climbing - I think it was something like a minute or two at most*. Was good to see you guys in the same race though - seeing you both behind me really spurred me on - and I think I went off a bit too fast too considering how long it was. I was dying by the end!!

*Edit : just under a minute ahead after first climb I reckon based on strava times

Last edited:

bridgy

Legendary Member
First lap - "Zwift Worlds course forward on strava" - photo finish for Bob and Lee!

Screenshot_20180809-195256_Strava.jpg

berty bassett

Legendary Member
ha ! well done Paul - thought i would try and catch up up the hill first time but half way up i thought - what the hell am i doing ! ive got to get up this again ! so went into survival mode and watched you pull away :sad: as predicted Bob closed in on the flat and i thought i would have someone to draft for a bit but he bugged off - i must admit one of the a group stayed with me and helped for a while
first time on that course and really enjoyed it - still think we ought to do the 22km one some time
enjoyed that run - thanks both of you

bridgy

Legendary Member
ha ! well done Paul - thought i would try and catch up up the hill first time but half way up i thought - what the hell am i doing ! ive got to get up this again ! so went into survival mode and watched you pull away :sad: as predicted Bob closed in on the flat and i thought i would have someone to draft for a bit but he bugged off - i must admit one of the a group stayed with me and helped for a while
first time on that course and really enjoyed it - still think we ought to do the 22km one some time
enjoyed that run - thanks both of you
I agree - good course, good challenging hill, and yeah one lap race on there is probably enough :okay:

By the way, what flag is that next to your name in Zwift power Lee? Just out of interest?

OP
OP
CXRAndy

CXRAndy

Guru
By the way, what flag is that next to your name in Zwift power Lee? Just out of interest?

Lee Marshall, I think

bridgy

Legendary Member
Dunno ! Me and Whorty have started our own country - when clicked on it says zwiftland - should be England but can’t see how I change it - maybe it’s our new brexit flag
Ah, I see!! Well if it bothers you at all, a quick google search suggests you can change it by going into your profile on Zwift.com and changing the flag there. Having said that, being a citizen of Zwiftland sounds quite appealing so you might be happy as it is!

bridgy

Legendary Member
Anyone joined the Zwift Academy?

I have, but not done any events yet.
I am, but I haven't done much yet either - just a couple of the warm up workouts and one official workout - which I failed to finish by the way, but it still seems to have counted as done on my progress! I suspect I'll struggle to complete all the required sessions as I won't be committed enough to ensure I do them!

bobinski

Legendary Member
Anyone joined the Zwift Academy?

I have, but not done any events yet.

I did it last year and found it really helpful with a significant bump in ftp at the conclusion. I have signed up but missed the first workout which, frustratingly, means I cannot do the subsequent workouts in a group. I am not that motivated that I would do it now in preference to planned races and recovery rides amidst real life riding. So, I will treat the group rides as recovery rides.

Top Bottom