Zwift Chat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

bobinski

Legendary Member
First Academy Group Ride done now as well. Mr @bobinski was also riding in this one. Decent ride and average 2.5 w/kg

Good to see you there Martin. I entered a bit frustrated coz I couldn’t get into the workout ride just before. I could choose it but it wouldn’t give me option to join and 3 reboots of Zwift didn’t fix. Still, 19.15 in the sprint was nice compensation . After that I settled into the ride with the odd itch to push a few more watts. I may look for a short race later if anyone interested.

LBHIFI

Veteran
The same thing happened to me last week, I think it was a WBR race. It never popped up on my screen for me to join. But the race did take place, as the results were on ZP later. Glad to see that Bkool isn't the only one with occasional glitches. :smile:
Yeah, double checked my Companion app, after race time. It told me my race had started, so looks like a Zwift glitch indeed.

bobinski

Legendary Member
Yeah, double checked my Companion app, after race time. It told me my race had started, so looks like a Zwift glitch indeed.

I think mine may have happened today because the companion app was running through 5g whereas my pc uses 2g. For some reason WiFi on my phone is constantly flicking between 2g and 5g. If it flicks to 5g mid ride the app freezes as it did pre sprint on my last lap today.

Brusgaard

Über Guru
I think mine may have happened today because the companion app was running through 5g whereas my pc uses 2g. For some reason WiFi on my phone is constantly flicking between 2g and 5g. If it flicks to 5g mid ride the app freezes as it did pre sprint on my last lap today.

My PC is wired to a 115Mbit internet connection, but how does the phone influence on the PC software? I signed up on my phone hours before, and it said “Going!”.

Speaking of the phone app (on iPhone 8), back in March when I used the Companion app it always connected automatically to the race and showed the course etc. during the race. I think it has only worked once, in the races I’ve done since my return to Zwift in July. Is there a setting somewhere, or can I manually connect to the race somehow?

Not that important, but it just bugs me.

LBHIFI

Veteran
My PC is wired to a 115Mbit internet connection, but how does the phone influence on the PC software? I signed up on my phone hours before, and it said “Going!”.

Speaking of the phone app (on iPhone 8), back in March when I used the Companion app it always connected automatically to the race and showed the course etc. during the race. I think it has only worked once, in the races I’ve done since my return to Zwift in July. Is there a setting somewhere, or can I manually connect to the race somehow?

Not that important, but it just bugs me.
I think it only works a 100% when they are on the same network. A bit annoying that it is not the user profile. I have my Zwift connected to LAN via YouSee, while my phone is on an enterily different network.

Brusgaard

Über Guru
I think it only works a 100% when they are on the same network. A bit annoying that it is not the user profile. I have my Zwift connected to LAN via YouSee, while my phone is on an enterily different network.

Ok, I’ll try to make sure, that the phone is connected to the wifi-router in the shed (which is the WAN connection as well), which is the same as the computer is wired to.

But regardless of connected to the living room or shed router, it is still the same LAN, just another SSID.

bobinski

Legendary Member

Yep, that’s my understanding. May or may not be reason for our troubles today. I also had a 45s dropout when my bt HR monitor went down and that is connected via the phone to the pc.

bobinski

Legendary Member
Innsbruck sprint forward.
Just saying...^_^

58E2CB2C-CEA7-471D-820B-04B65F1D962B.png

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)
I’ve signed up and now that I’m back from holiday and work has eased a little I am aiming to get back into the forum and also Zwift, having transferred to the dark side. Watch out @Whorty I’m coming for you, I can’t believe it’s been almost 2 years since our battles on Bkool. Looking forward to getting to your level!!

I just need to get my head around zwiftpower.
Been away in France for a week. Back now. Hoping to ride later. Let's see how much fitness I've lost, or if the rest has done me some good. Looking forward to riding with you in zwiftlands!

LBHIFI

Veteran
Just back from holiday ^_^ It sucks trying to get fitness back when you normally ride every day!
Been doing 3 weeks of beer drinking and not so much biking. As a result my FTP is up 4 watt :cheers:

Unfortunately my weight is also up 2 kg's :blush:.

Before: 288/75 = 3.84 watt/kg
After: 292/77 = 3.79 watt/kg

Conclusion: Beer wil make you faster on straights but slower on climbs.

Top Bottom