Zwift Chat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)
795 watts here, but I was really trying to find a level I could maintain for the 25 secs. I did 643/642 watts in the two free intervals. Have no idea if it's good or bad, but in real life racing I was usually in top 5 in the sprints - ok but not really a sprinter.
I think i averaged 573 over the 25 seconds with the 749 max. I was dying over the last 10 seconds and the watts were dropping fast :sweat: I don't have the legs for long sprints, as I often find when I'm out sprinted in Zwift races LOL

OP
OP
CXRAndy

CXRAndy

Guru
There is a video on YouTube where a world class track sprinter doing a minute sprint, he averaged 750W. I can usually peak above 900W, but never really gone full bore for a 10 sec. I prefer to to go longer and hold 600+

Whorty

There is a video on YouTube where a world class track sprinter doing a minute sprint, he averaged 750W. I can usually peak above 900W, but never really gone full bore for a 10 sec. I prefer to to go longer and hold 600+
750W for a minute :eek: .... I think I lasted 1 or 2 seconds ha ha Still, the only way is up for me :okay:

LBHIFI

Veteran
Just did the ZA workout #5 and that was tough. One minute doesn't sound like much but at max effort it seems like forever :surrender: Couldn't do more than 483 watt - a bit from my year best at 534 watt. Legs felt kind of tired so I was not really surpised.
Looking at the intervals in Todays Plan using their website, it seems like they completely missed them. In Golden Cheetah however, I can see them under "Activities" - "Performance".

Just did the ZA workout #5 and that was tough. One minute doesn't sound like much but at max effort it seems like forever :surrender: Couldn't do more than 483 watt - a bit from my year best at 534 watt. Legs felt kind of tired so I was not really surpised.
Looking at the intervals in Todays Plan using their website, it seems like they completely missed them. In Golden Cheetah however, I can see them under "Activities" - "Performance".
You'll just have to redo them. Maybe do them twice just to make sure they are saved.
Seriously it looks like quite a few of you are doing the academy. Is it on the course of the day or always Watopia? Zwift wasn't connecting through Ant for me just Bluetooth and took 3 times to get the Avatar to move.

Last edited:

LBHIFI

Veteran
You'll just have to redo them. Maybe do them twice just to make sure they are saved.
Seriously it looks like quite a few of you are doing the academy. Is it on the course of the day or always Watopia? Zwift wasn't connecting through Ant for me just Bluetooth and took 3 times to get the Avatar to move.
I think the workout designers choose which course to use.

Whorty

I've done one so far and that was on the course for the day, so I'd assume this is the way it would always be when doing a group ride. If doing the session on your own then you can use the hack to choose your course.

You can still join the academy if you're paid up to Zwift. The sessions are hard as others have said, but hopefully will improve the FTP and race ability.

bobinski

Legendary Member
  • I joined a group ride last night without realising it would take me from Richmond to Watopia. It was a pleasant surprise but took a minute or more because I left joining until 30s before the start. I had to bridge 35s from a standing start. Phew.
  • Anyone interested in racing tomorrow evening, ideally after 6-30?

berty bassett

Legendary Member
Seriously it looks like quite a few of you are doing the academy. Is it on the course of the day or always Watopia?
I only joined one last night as I saw it and thought I would give it a go - as it was I was 30mins too late for the whole thing so just kept
  • I joined a group ride last night without realising it would take me from Richmond to Watopia. It was a pleasant surprise but took a minute or more because I left joining until 30s before the start. I had to bridge 35s from a standing start. Phew.
  • could be ! :biggrin:

Whorty

May race, not sure. did ZA #1 tonight and it was blinkin hard (much harder than #4) - had to turn it down to 90% for the latter 2 x 4 minutes intervals as I couldn't hold 280 watts (it went down to 250 which was doable, just about).

Last edited:
Top Bottom