Zwift Chat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

uclown2002

Guru
https://www.strava.com/activities/965802122
https://www.zwiftpower.com/race.php?id=6673

Achieved a recent goal of mine to do consecutive climbs on box hill on 2 x london loop race in sub 7 mins. The ZwiftBlog segments are the only ones that match the zwift segments.

Not necessarily stronger but learning a lot about race craft and started with fresher legs. Making an effort to reduce number of hard rides but difficult coz racing is so addictive :-)

Like to target 6:30 on a single climb.

Last edited:

bobinski

Legendary Member
https://www.strava.com/activities/965802122
https://www.zwiftpower.com/race.php?id=6673

Achieved a recent goal of mine to do consecutive climbs on box hill on 2 x london loop race in sub 7 mins. The ZwiftBlog segments are the only ones that match the zwift segments.

Not necessarily stronger but learning a lot about race craft and started with fresher legs. Making an effort to reduce number of hard rides but difficult coz racing is so addictive :-)

Like to target 6:30 on a single climb.

Bonkers fast times there-very impressive.

OP
OP
CXRAndy

CXRAndy

Guru
Slightly sore legs from yesterday and sore backside from the previous day. Wife wanted to extend her cycling range, We cycled to Woodhall Spa for lunch, very windy a bit too far probably, but she dug in 40miles nearly 5hrs
recovery ride to local town today and long run this weekend. I'd forgotten how intense races were

bobinski

Legendary Member
Andy, you have done a lot of miles. Is the Weight coming off with improving fitness? I dropped to 73k 10 days ago but energy levels fell too and so have pretty much eaten a horse since. Nearer 75k today but feel much better for it.

OP
OP
CXRAndy

CXRAndy

Guru
Andy, you have done a lot of miles. Is the Weight coming off with improving fitness? I dropped to 73k 10 days ago but energy levels fell too and so have pretty much eaten a horse since. Nearer 75k today but feel much better for it.

Regarding weight, it goes up and down during the week, with about 7lb swing. I'm resigned to the fact I wont weigh under 90kg-ever. I like my food too much:mrpig:. My fitness is alot better, especially endurance(last nights race hardly any drop in performance). What I noticed last night was outright power was down, I guess its a trade off for endurance. I'll try and keep one ride a week for speed work, whether TT or race.
I think my level and age performance is now pretty much set. I'm not that dedicated to want to shed 5-10kg and up the miles. I'm enjoying cycling at the moment(kiss of doom), minor niggles have settled down, Tripster bike fits me well-and healthy, that's all I want really.

I hope your knee settles down and you can make the DD. Else I await Ventoux report :okay:

Last edited:

bobinski

Legendary Member
Quickish 30km tonight for Stage 1 of the Santini Italia challenge. Joined and lost Breedon who came back to join me after his ride. Very nice to have some company dragging me through quicker than my recovery ride anticipated!
Now settled down to red wine and remainder of my sons Easter egg collection ^_^ though have plans for a fast ascent of Watopia tomorrow. Just cannot stop eating:rolleyes:

Breedon

Legendary Member
Didn't know it was a recovery ride the way you was riding ^_^ so kept the pace but couldn't keep it for long, knocked off 3 seconds for the hilly loop KOM, good luck on the mountain tomorrow getting the itch though for another go at the epic KOM but would need to rest for about 2 days

bobinski

Legendary Member
You made me go faster! Mind you, you are a youngster in comparison to me;)
Yeah, Watopia may have to wait till Sunday. The race I was going to ride is at 7am:ohmy:
I am also liking the look of that Friday zsun ride you commented on.

Breedon

Legendary Member
You made me go faster! Mind you, you are a youngster in comparison to me;)
Yeah, Watopia may have to wait till Sunday. The race I was going to ride is at 7am:ohmy:
I am also liking the look of that Friday zsun ride you commented on.
Yea I'll be going to that should be quite fun yet hard.
The advantage of that ride is you build up the speed so should last a while

Top Bottom