Zwift Chat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Del C

Veteran
Cheers all. Looks like FTP test tonight :blush:
I've not done a formal FTP test on Zwift yet. I did do a formal FTP test on Bkool, but ended up using the one Bkool calculated based on my rides.

So far, I've also used the FTP value from Zwift that they calculate from your rides. On that basis, my FTP increased to 241W after this morning's ride.

I've manually entered the new reading into my Zwiftpower profile. I can't see any automatic update from Zwift to Zwiftpower.

According to the two races I've entered on Zwift, my power w/kg puts me in C category. You were close to me on Bkool, and overall a little above me, so I'd have thought you'd be middle to lower C cat.

Last edited:

Breedon

Legendary Member
Do you have TrainerRoad? They have a Ramp ftp test that is only about 16 minutes long. Gave me very similar results
I like the ramp test I need to take another one the first time I did it I wasn't in the mood for it and legs still ached from the day before.

I've not done a formal FTP test on Zwift yet. I did do a formal FTP test on Bkool, but ended up using the one Bkool calculated based on my rides.

So far, I've also used the FTP value from Zwift that they calculate from your rides. On that basis, my FTP increased to 241W after this morning's ride.

I've manually entered the new reading into my Zwiftpower profile. I can't see any automatic update from Zwift to Zwiftpower.

According to the two races I've entered on Zwift, my power w/kg puts me in C category. You were close to me on Bkool, and overall a little above me, so I'd have thought you be middle to lower C cat.
I done a cat c race and I was middle of the field so pretty sure right cat just wrong half of that catagory. :blush:

Cheers all

bridgy

Legendary Member
It's worth doing a proper FTP test on Zwift if you plan to do the workouts at all, as it uses your FTP to calculate the different power zones throughout the workout. I did one recently and it lowered my FTP a fair bit compared to the automated FTP which makes workouts a bit less hellish for me!

(Warning: the test itself is NOT fun!)

It's worth doing a proper FTP test on Zwift if you plan to do the workouts at all, as it uses your FTP to calculate the different power zones throughout the workout. I did one recently and it lowered my FTP a fair bit compared to the automated FTP which makes workouts a bit less hellish for me!

(Warning: the test itself is NOT fun!)
I’ve done one on zwift but on a pro trainer but now on kickr which is where the differences are I think.
No getting away from it I’m going to have to do another :wacko:

Del C

Veteran
I’ve done one on zwift but on a pro trainer but now on kickr which is where the differences are I think.
I should have said before that I've also moved trainer and am now riding on a Tacx Neo, so my Zwift calculated FTP is based on the Neo, not the Bkool Pro, which is currently sulking in the corner of my garage.

I haven't tried any workouts yet, so maybe as @bridgy said I'll need to do a proper FTP test if I decide to do some workouts.

For now, I'm playing around with settings like Trainer Resistance and bashing my brains out on races or solo rides!

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)
Didn't do an FTP test on Zwift with the pro, but suggested FTP was something like 255. I did do an FTP test with the Kickr, before I started doing training sessions, and my new FTP is 245. Not a massive drop, but large enough to impact training sessions. Even at 245 I sometimes adjust the training session down to ensure I can complete the session as some intervals are just massive!

On the Pro I could beat C's and ride with B's. On the Kickr I can hold on to the tail end B's sometimes, but mostly mid table C with a mid table w/kg. We were close on Bkool so I'd think you're a good C too. D will be too slow for you and Zwiftpower will bump you up anyway.

LBHIFI

Veteran
Weather seems to be ok on Sunday, so think I will do a real life race then.
Since my old legs needs at least 2 days of rest after a hard session, I wont be doing the ZA race tomorrow.
I think it will be fun - 45 min at a 4 km course round Copenhagen Zoo. There's a small hill that will probably be pretty tough after a few laps.

bobinski

Legendary Member
Weather seems to be ok on Sunday, so think I will do a real life race then.
Since my old legs needs at least 2 days of rest after a hard session, I wont be doing the ZA race tomorrow.
I think it will be fun - 45 min at a 4 km course round Copenhagen Zoo. There's a small hill that will probably be pretty tough after a few laps.

Sounds like they should let the animals out to give chase:biggrin:

bobinski

Legendary Member
16EE52B9-3B85-47B4-8480-F1744566788C.jpeg

OP
OP
CXRAndy

CXRAndy

Guru
You guys have been working really hard, the newcomers to Zwift also.:okay: I'm going to have get back into training in September to have any chance of making the UCI race

Top Bottom