Zwift Chat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
If you have not done so already turn trainer difficulty down to 30-50%. It won’t affect speed but will reduce the number of gear changes on a hilly course when precious seconds can be lost or,even worse, you lose the draft.
Ahh thanks :okay:

Last edited:
Did you manage to get onto anyone's wheel?
Yer once I caught on what was going on I pushed on and leapfrogged between a few groups but got stuck with a group of 3 guys where no one wanted the front! Which slowed us a bit but then we got it going together and that was that till what should have been a sprint but I was done!

Out of interest I was cat c was everyone I saw cat c also or are the races mixed?
I finished in the last half of cat c should I drop down to d?

Del C

Veteran
Its quite funny really, Bkoolers wondering what the hell is happening as 200 riders bugger off up the road :biggrin:
It's even funnier when the first Zwift ride you do is a social ride.

That was the case for me. I thought it would be like starting a club run, only to find that everyone else had cleared off up the road and I was having to work like crazy just to catch up with a 'social ride'.

Last edited:

Del C

Veteran
Yer once I caught on what was going on I pushed on and leapfrogged between a few groups but got stuck with a group of 3 guys where no one wanted the front! Which slowed us a bit but then we got it going together and that was that till what should have been a sprint but I was done!

Out of interest I was cat c was everyone I saw cat c also or are the races mixed?
I finished in the last half of cat c should I drop down to d?
I signed on as Cat D in my first race as I didn't really know what to expect from the race, whether the W/Kg people were claiming was accurate or not.

I'd signed up to Zwiftpower as the guys here had recommended and when the results came in, Zwiftpower graded me near the bottom of Cat C. Entered my next race as Cat C and came about mid-way to slightly below. So, I'd say do the same. Join Zwiftpower and it will help you join the right Cat when you join a race.

Also, you can then join the Cyclechat team on Zwiftpower and see your results alongside the other Cyclechat guys.

bobinski

Legendary Member
The Cats often start together which can be a bit confusing .so Lee and I recently raced cat b and bridgy was cat A and visible and I useful carrot to follow before he pulled away.

OP
OP
CXRAndy

CXRAndy

Guru
some races are multiple categories, so you see and start all cats. Others can be solely cat C only and that's all you see. Some races are handicapped with staggered starts from different pens and part way through race you will be caught by other cats, or you might catch lower cats. lots of different combinations to keep it fresh :smile:

OP
OP
CXRAndy

CXRAndy

Guru
Street scene, in mid winter Sydney.
20180822_201850.jpg

Tall heaters used, but temps are around 10deg C. Did a pub tour of the 'rocks' district good historical information from the early settlers

Top Bottom