Zwift Chat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
We did :smile: . Bkool racing was good, but Zwift is a whole lot more exciting due to the numbers of participants. There is always someone to team up/ race against in Zwift:okay:
Different gravy but as you said bkool was good at the time. New ( to me) kid in town :tongue:

Norry1

Legendary Member
Yer sussed that out. Yer was flat so got my shoot together after about 20 yer.
Bloody loving zwift though. You guys should have said :whistle:

You doing the 6pm Academy race tomorrow? Have you got Cyclechat as your team and what is your Zwift name? - So many questions :laugh:

You doing the 6pm Academy race tomorrow? Have you got Cyclechat as your team and what is your Zwift name? - So many questions :laugh:
I ll really struggle for a 6pm race especially now as I realise warm up is definetly required ^_^ that’s why I went for the 7pm one tonight even after a workout this morning.
Yes to cycle chat on name and zwift name Brendan Parker. (The Bert is an old nickname ;)

JLaw

Veteran
Epic fail on ZA #1 last night. Not sure what's going on, but Zwift didn't seem to keep tight control of the trainer in ERG mode. So I failed all kinds of segments as I wasn't keeping power within the required band. Add to that interruptions from the kids, wife, etc it was just miserable. I gave up after 40 minutes.

Raced the KISS EUR today. Given my reduction in power and reclassification by ZP, I signed up in D. Had a C/D mixed group for quite a while with a couple riders I recognized (Murray and Drury). Probably 20+ at the peak. We slowly dropped riders off the back and it wasn't too long until we were down to 7-8 and I was the only D rider left. Plan was to hit the gas for the little climb on each lap, then recover. I dramatically lowered my target watts for the recovery period based on a new (painfully low) FTP value from GoldenCheetah. It must have worked as I was able to stick with the group through the little climb for each of the 5 laps. Finished near the back of the little group and figured I'd easily take 1st in D. *But* my w/kg was just barely over limits at 2.53, so DQ'd. Would have taken 1st in D by several minutes. My time would have put me near the back of C, but not last. So I guess it's back to C, particularly for flat courses.

Probably not racing Wed or Thu this week due to other commitments in the KISS EUR timeslot. Will probably try to pick up ZA activities during that period.

Good to see more folks from the bkool world coming over to the dark side...

Brusgaard

Über Guru
I ll really struggle for a 6pm race especially now as I realise warm up is definetly required ^_^ that’s why I went for the 7pm one tonight even after a workout this morning.
Yes to cycle chat on name and zwift name Brendan Parker. (The Bert is an old nickname ;)

You could join me (and usually a lot others) in the DBR race at 7:05 pm tomorrow night.

I signed up for a 6:55 pm race today, only to wake up on the couch at 7:05, so seems like today was my rest day. ^_^
Sounds good.
That was my first ever zwift race tonight and to say it caught me out was an understatement. I wondered what the heck was going on at the start :wacko:

Norry1

Legendary Member
Epic fail on ZA #1 last night. Not sure what's going on, but Zwift didn't seem to keep tight control of the trainer in ERG mode. So I failed all kinds of segments as I wasn't keeping power within the required band. Add to that interruptions from the kids, wife, etc it was just miserable. I gave up after 40 minutes.

Raced the KISS EUR today. Given my reduction in power and reclassification by ZP, I signed up in D. Had a C/D mixed group for quite a while with a couple riders I recognized (Murray and Drury). Probably 20+ at the peak. We slowly dropped riders off the back and it wasn't too long until we were down to 7-8 and I was the only D rider left. Plan was to hit the gas for the little climb on each lap, then recover. I dramatically lowered my target watts for the recovery period based on a new (painfully low) FTP value from GoldenCheetah. It must have worked as I was able to stick with the group through the little climb for each of the 5 laps. Finished near the back of the little group and figured I'd easily take 1st in D. *But* my w/kg was just barely over limits at 2.53, so DQ'd. Would have taken 1st in D by several minutes. My time would have put me near the back of C, but not last. So I guess it's back to C, particularly for flat courses.

Probably not racing Wed or Thu this week due to other commitments in the KISS EUR timeslot. Will probably try to pick up ZA activities during that period.

Good to see more folks from the bkool world coming over to the dark side...[/QUOTE

Good to see more folks from the bkool world coming over to the dark side...

Seems like you are on the way back. Hang on in there :okay:

JLaw

Veteran
Sounds good.
That was my first ever zwift race tonight and to say it caught me out was an understatement. I wondered what the heck was going on at the start :wacko:
Starts are intense. My approach was to try and guess what group I could hang with for the duration of the race, then burn just bright enough at the start to latch onto them. Of course that's impossible until you recognize regulars...

Speaking strictly from my own experiences -- if I'm in too fast of a group it'll show up at 8, 20 or 40 minutes into the ride depending on how badly I selected. For whatever reason, those seem to be inflection points in my own performance.

OP
OP
CXRAndy

CXRAndy

Guru
The short races under 30 miles are very rapid, so you will need to go very high watts for say 30-60 seconds whilst not hitting your 'red' unrecoverable zone. Then settle in to a pack and hang in for a few minutes. The rest of the race is about learning the courses so you know where to save energy and where you will have to go near max to stay with your group. Drafting isn't so obvious to feel so get in behind one or more riders and stay close,very close. If you let 3-5yards gap appear from a big pack it will take alot of effort to get back on. save your power up for the sprint, go flat out with hopefully less than 300 yards and hang in there to the finish. Results are displayed instantly and later you can check out in detail from ZP

bobinski

Legendary Member
If you have not done so already turn trainer difficulty down to 30-50%. It won’t affect speed but will reduce the number of gear changes on a hilly course when precious seconds can be lost or,even worse, you lose the draft.

Top Bottom