Zwift Chat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Well set up the kickr last night and I knew there would be a difference in watt output but wasn’t sure how much to expect. Done ZA workout #8 this morning but struggled to keep consistent power output. Never realised how inconsistent my pedal stroke actually is as the pro is a lot more forgiving. Actually lost stars on the low watt output sections??
Love the trainer will just take some adapting and a lot more concentration on the workout sessions. Should probably have done another FTP on the kickr but thought I’d give it a bash as it was.
All in all very impressed with it and that. Loving zwift also :okay:

<Tommy>

Illegitimi non carborundum
Where are the brakes. is it track bike?

Bike calc is great, for working out all sorts of parameters . It is very accurate, especially speed calcs for particular gearing.

It is a track frame sort of. Not sure how many of them you’ll see on an actual track. Probably more marketed towards city cycling. To that end the fork and rear drop outs have been drilled for brake calipers.

OP
OP
CXRAndy

CXRAndy

Guru

LBHIFI

Veteran
Well set up the kickr last night and I knew there would be a difference in watt output but wasn’t sure how much to expect. Done ZA workout #8 this morning but struggled to keep consistent power output. Never realised how inconsistent my pedal stroke actually is as the pro is a lot more forgiving. Actually lost stars on the low watt output sections??
Love the trainer will just take some adapting and a lot more concentration on the workout sessions. Should probably have done another FTP on the kickr but thought I’d give it a bash as it was.
All in all very impressed with it and that. Loving zwift also :okay:
Until now I used my Garmin with a 3 sec avg., but I just found out there's a 3 sec avg. setting in Zwift as well. It's under Menu - Settings. Trying it in a few moment in the ZA workout #8.

Thanks for the info mate. Is there an easy to read table you’re getting that info from?

I know what you’re saying about ratios. But the way I see it I won’t average 18.75moh in London. But I would like to average around 85rpm. See what I mean? I don’t need to go too fast but I would like to spin. You may be right once I’ve tried it I may well go back. God knows what ratio I was on last time I had a fixed gear but it would probably make my knees weep!

View: https://www.facebook.com/officialcyclingpulse/videos/315654082517596/

Well had a go at racing:wacko:
Knew it was going to be fast at the start but not that bloody fast. Full on for first few miles :boxing:

OP
OP
CXRAndy

CXRAndy

Guru
Still in Sydney? More photos please.

Yes Randy, our longest stop is Sydney. My daughter and I walked up Sydney bridge yesterday, she did it a few years ago backpacking Australia. A great vantage point to see vast areas of Sydney(very interesting tour, lots of historical information) . Dinner boat cruise last night which turned into a giggle fest culminating in y wife laughing just at the wrong moment, for her wine to explode all over her and the table :laugh: Much hilarity last nigh^_^m
20180821_200659.jpg

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)
Well had a go at racing:wacko:
Knew it was going to be fast at the start but not that bloody fast. Full on for first few miles :boxing:
Welcome to Zwift racing :biggrin:

Balls out for the first 5 or so minutes, find a group that you can hang on to and hang on for as long as you can. It usually settles down after about 20 minutes - if you're in a large enough group at that time you can pretty much relax as you'll get dragged along to the end (assuming a flat course).

Hill courses I get dropped from the off and end up on my own for the whole race :surrender:

Welcome to Zwift racing :biggrin:

Balls out for the first 5 or so minutes, find a group that you can hang on to and hang on for as long as you can. It usually settles down after about 20 minutes - if you're in a large enough group at that time you can pretty much relax as you'll get dragged along to the end (assuming a flat course).

Hill courses I get dropped from the off and end up on my own for the whole race :surrender:
Yer sussed that out. Yer was flat so got my shoot together after about 20 yer.
Bloody loving zwift though. You guys should have said :whistle:

Top Bottom