Zwift Chat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Brusgaard

Über Guru
Didn't we go up just after the start gate? Cold have sworn we went up there 5 times. Maybe i imagined it LOL

In my warm up before the race I did go up though, and set a new PB (1 min 6 secs) so that probably took a lot out of my legs before I even started the race :banghead:And I'm still one second behind @rob01792 :surrender:

Looking at the Strava profile, you’ll see only 4 tops in that race.

My best is only 1:15, but have to say I have never really tried to break any speed records up that small hill. Maybe that is why I get dropped there in every single race. :sad:

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)
Looking at the Strava profile, you’ll see only 4 tops in that race.

My best is only 1:15, but have to say I have never really tried to break any speed records up that small hill. Maybe that is why I get dropped there in every single race. :sad:
When i set my time yesterday, I did cruise the course first, in warm up mode. I picked up a feather though and all the way to the hill I was thinking, don't be stupid, save your legs for the race, but then I turned the corner and went up 2 gears and sprinted up the hill (dropping the feather as I was about 10 secs into the 8% section). Just couldn't resist it :wahhey:

OP
OP
CXRAndy

CXRAndy

Guru
:hyper:
20180924_170228.jpg
Setup after tea^_^

si_c

Guru
Assuming the B's stay together as a pack, and work to chase down the C's, I'd guess you need to hold 260-300 watts over the duration of the course (based on people's effort yesterday over an hour on the same course). This I guess would then be a 350+ blast out the blocks and hold for 3-5 mins before pace settles.
On my C yesterday I blasted out at 300 and held on for 1.5 laps at about 250 watts before being dropped from a mixed C/back end of B group then ended up in the next group with fast D's/mid C's and overall average 211 watts. It's a fast course!
That's not too bad, I should be ok there.

It really depends on the riders on the night, sometimes starts are quite a relaxed 3-3.5 or crazy 4.5+W/Kg for a minute and then it settles down. You're either blown away or go so far into the red that after half a lap your cooked
Again, should be OK with that, it's probably closer than I'd like to my limit though.

I'll give it a try with the B's then tomorrow.

bobinski

Legendary Member
bring back corporal punishment !

I think it’s coz he behaved too much like a corporal that she is punishing him:smile:

OP
OP
CXRAndy

CXRAndy

Guru
Looking good :okay:

Andy what’s your take on the rocker plate? Worthwhile??

I really like it, it moves the pressure points a little. Also if you climb whilst stood up alot, then the rocking motion will feel more natural.

This company today announced this top end rocker .https://www.sbrtrishop.com/sbr-rockr-pro.html .

Edit, basic Rocker is $499 so reasonable for what they offer (forward/reverse and side to side motion):okay:

Mine cost considerably less, but still quite expensive in materials. and time . I could make the basic shape and drill holes if someone is really interested

Last edited:
OP
OP
CXRAndy

CXRAndy

Guru
Setup up the new Kickr and climb, very straightforward. I had to swap the SRAM cassette, it was so noisy compared to the shimano. The climb works well, but I've only used the two for a few minutes whilst setting up the pair. I've used the clever hack to get the climb to position real elevation whilst having 50% resistance setting in Zwift.

I need to slightly adjust the mounts on the rocker, no biggy though. Race tomorrow full test

Top Bottom