Zwift Chat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

bobinski

Legendary Member
It's the GCN handicap at 7pm Tuesday. There seems to be a duplicate event. I've already selected a race, so you should be able to see me going to the event either in Zwift app or Zwiftpower.

It's a staggered start so B cat starts at 7.10 pm,.C cat 7.07 etc

it seems popular already

That’s the one I wanted. With so many riding the draft will be awesome

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)
So, have we decided which 7pm race we are doing Tuesday? Also it looks like some more riders may be joining in? Don’t forget to register with zwiftpower and perhaps join the cyclechat team.
Can't do Tuesday ... hope you all enjoy :okay:

Breedon

Legendary Member
Ah!

So we're riding the handicap race after all. Glad I checked!

This will be a new race type for me on Zwift, so should be good fun. What happens here? Do people try to work together to stay ahead of the pursuers or does it get messy and fracture?
If you get in a group who does want to work together it's great, I don't bother to try and pull others along who aren't interested

Whorty

It's quite painful at race pace Andy especially at the last lap prepare for 4+w/kg every time up :wacko:
As Dean says, it's a deceptive course. Very flat, which is nice but that means the power is on all the way and there is little place to rest. Then that little lump - :B) - because it is so short, but steep, it's a sprint up every time. Even I'm having to go up at 300 watts (for 1.5 mins) to hold the group I'm in. Lose the group and they are gone over the top and moving too fast to stay with on the descent.

It's virtually impossible to break away from a group on that course, and once you lose the back wheel of a group you have to work so hard to get back on you're in the red, therefore the concentration levels are high at all times. Even taking a drink could see you dropped!

Whorty

Plan is cruise with the pack, doing absolutely no work to push the pace, work my large a**e up the climb to stay in the pack and then on the final lap unleash my 160rpm sprint

hahahaha :biggrin:
Attack the hill as you come in to it. Sit at the back as you come to the 1% section then attack through the pack through the 4% section. This will give you a nice draft sling shot so if you keep power on you should get to the top towards the front even if others are stronger climbers. It really is a sprint to the top though, so prepare to go into the red! On the race yesterday we went up this 5 times, it was an ouchie ouch race for me!!!

berty bassett

Legendary Member
Prezzie time :wahhey:
Open the box
Open the box
Open the box

si_c

Guru
Might try and get on for Tomorrows GCN race. I'll try and stick with the C group, rather than push my luck with the Bs, been a while since been on Zwift tbh, aside from a quick spin around Innsbruck yesterday.

Top Bottom