Zwift Chat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
CXRAndy

CXRAndy

Guru
One more sleep till prezzie time Andy :hyper:

I know :biggrin:

OP
OP
CXRAndy

CXRAndy

Guru
Anyone done "Spanish Needles" on TrainerRoad? Nearly killed me. It is 90 mins long and is 6 x 8min blocks where you do 15 secs at c150% of FTP then 15 secs recovery. I had to do -10% in order to complete it and that even that was really, really tough.

It is unfortunately, probably what I need. I think (but don't know how to prove) that I need to raise my VO2 Max in order to get my FTP up.

I've done something very similar on TR, first time I couldn't manage it, but then I figured how. I found the off sections became uncontrollable. So I then dropped into the 11 cog immediately after the 15 sec burst. then up the gears just before interval. I coped better with 110+rpm

Breedon

Legendary Member
I'd suggested the 7pm Innsbruck short course
Didn't see you or Dean on the ride ... my legs felt a bit dead for some reason. In results I see i was only 1 min 20 secs behind Dean, but I was in a group of about 10 so no way I could even attempt to break away and catch the next group. Set some PBs so maybe not as bad as I feared :wacko:
I was with LBHIFI for a lap till the first hill then he was gone, found my self in a small group where no one wanted to work we was only at times 5 seconds behind another group and could of easily caught them but eventually after another lap caught up, by the last lap and final time up the hill found my self with another guy who basically dragged me to the line, i eased back on the power near the finish to say im not sprinting and thank you for dragging me.
Quite pleased with my power avg 234w to say i did 10k run this morning.

bobinski

Legendary Member
So, have we decided which 7pm race we are doing Tuesday? Also it looks like some more riders may be joining in? Don’t forget to register with zwiftpower and perhaps join the cyclechat team.

OP
OP
CXRAndy

CXRAndy

Guru
So, have we decided which 7pm race we are doing Tuesday? Also it looks like some more riders may be joining in? Don’t forget to register with zwiftpower and perhaps join the cyclechat team.

It's the GCN handicap at 7pm Tuesday. There seems to be a duplicate event. I've already selected a race, so you should be able to see me going to the event either in Zwift app or Zwiftpower.

It's a staggered start so B cat starts at 7.10 pm,.C cat 7.07 etc

it seems popular already

Last edited:

Del C

Veteran
It's the GCN handicap at 7pm Tuesday. There seems to be a duplicate event. I've already selected a race, so you should be able to see me going to the event either in Zwift app or Zwiftpower.

It's a staggered start so B cat starts at 7.10 pm,.C cat 7.07 etc

it seems popular already
Ah!

So we're riding the handicap race after all. Glad I checked!

This will be a new race type for me on Zwift, so should be good fun. What happens here? Do people try to work together to stay ahead of the pursuers or does it get messy and fracture?

Del C

Veteran
Ah!

So we're riding the handicap race after all. Glad I checked!

This will be a new race type for me on Zwift, so should be good fun. What happens here? Do people try to work together to stay ahead of the pursuers or does it get messy and fracture?
Oh and I've joined up as a C cat.

OP
OP
CXRAndy

CXRAndy

Guru
Do people try to work together to stay ahead of the pursuers or does it get messy and fracture?

Yes it's a hare hounds type event. Try and stay with a group whatever category you pick. If you find yourself alone and can't latch on to a pack, check the right side of screen and you'll be able to check if there are other riders just behind. Let them catch you and again stick with the pack you go much faster than alone

Top Bottom