Zwift Chat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

<Tommy>

Illegitimi non carborundum
But still no video of rollers ?

Having brought out the photo of bob keeled over like a marooned sea creature at every opportunity, I think I’ll :reading: on that one mate

OP
OP
CXRAndy

CXRAndy

Guru
I was paying more attention today. I was as low as 60 rpm. HR not low at all. I need to push +300 watts not to come to a stand still.

My lowest gearing will be 26t crank and 40t sprocket. I should still be able to spin and keep HR lowish.

I did the Croix De Fer at HR 155 and 75rpm average. This was with 28T crank, but I'm hoping to keep a higher cadence and yet keep HR down no more than zone 3- >155bpm. Shall see :smile:

Del C

Veteran
Rode the Everything Bagel course on New York today.

Impressed with New York. Nice mix of Central Park plus futuristic skyways above Central Park, giving a very rolling course and a KoM that has some nasty gradient up to 17%. Skyways felt a little like the ocean tunnels in Watopia, except you're surrounded by flying taxis and horsecarts, rather than fish!

The nature of the course gives you a good workout over 34kms. Liked it!

I see @Whorty has also ridden New York but a different route to me. Be interested to hear what he thinks.

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)
Rode the Everything Bagel course on New York today.

Impressed with New York. Nice mix of Central Park plus futuristic skyways above Central Park, giving a very rolling course and a KoM that has some nasty gradient up to 17%. Skyways felt a little like the ocean tunnels in Watopia, except you're surrounded by flying taxis and horsecarts, rather than fish!

The nature of the course gives you a good workout over 34kms. Liked it!

I see @Whorty has also ridden New York but a different route to me. Be interested to hear what he thinks.
Yep, had a pootle. Very rolling course. Will be great for racing. No longer will you be able to sit in a 'blob' and wait for the final sprint. So many opportunities to break away. I set the realism to 100% for the KoM and had a good pop at it - as @Del C says, some nice steep ramps, but also some flatter sections. Hard to do at 100% as need to change gears, so might be better at say 50%.

Shows how close Del and I are though, we did the KoM at separate times and we are 2 seconds apart over an almost 6 minute climb :okay:

My only criticism is I love London (and Innsbruck) because I can spot iconic places etc, whereas in NYC it's a bit too futuristic and not overly recognisable as New York. Would have loved more riding around Manhattan so I could see places I know, but maybe that will come.

Last edited:

<Tommy>

Illegitimi non carborundum

:laugh:

More like a flailing chicken on ice! I’ve got a serious love hate relationship with the rollers already. Turns out trying to drink while riding was a little pre maure :surrender:

Quick Zwift related question... am I right in thinking you can choose your course now? I was on Watopia but you guys are doing New York? (I was on iPad)

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
I'm not a great fan of Innsbruck or London, especially not Richmond. Unlikely to try New York until next week - the weather is looking OK for this week and the trails are relatively dry at the minute.

If it's similar to Watopia, I'll enjoy it.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
:laugh:

More like a flailing chicken on ice! I’ve got a serious love hate relationship with the rollers already. Turns out trying to drink while riding was a little pre maure :surrender:

Quick Zwift related question... am I right in thinking you can choose your course now? I was on Watopia but you guys are doing New York? (I was on iPad)

I've noticed some 'events' are on different courses.

cor god blimey gov, wot a 2 and 8 , these apple and pears are steep ,me biscuit n cheese is giving me grief - guilty mlud

easy mistake ^_^
Sorry went through every language a to z. No match. Screenshot_2018-10-19-06-49-22.png Screenshot_2018-10-19-06-49-57.png

JuhaL

Guru
If you select race or other event you ride probably somewhere else, otherwise its New York course now in Zwift. But you can also hack prefs.xml file and ride where ever you like.

Top Bottom