Zwift Chat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

LBHIFI

Veteran
I tried to do my workout while TT'n, but had to abandon that plan. Started fine with 5 min low threshold, but then came the sprints. I was beat after the 10th sprint and just tried to finish the race from there. Thanks Dean, I wouldn't have made it to the finish it it hadn't been for you leading the way. I was hanging on by my fingernails from the moment I catched you :surrender:. Couldn't hang on when you upped the tempo on those last hills before the finish.

OP
OP
CXRAndy

CXRAndy

Guru
I really enjoyed the pain there. Put to the sword by all. Lee, you are on fire matey. Pete and Paul very strong, but with extra weight, but you hang in right at the front. I watched Dean and Lars battle it out, with some susustained 4w/kg periods. Well done everyone.

Breedon

Legendary Member
I tried to do my workout while TT'n, but had to abandon that plan. Started fine with 5 min low threshold, but then came the sprints. I was beat after the 10th sprint and just tried to finish the race from there. Thanks Dean, I wouldn't have made it to the finish it it hadn't been for you leading the way. I was hanging on by my fingernails from the moment I catched you :surrender:. Couldn't hang on when you upped the tempo on those last hills before the finish.
To be fair i was dying just keeping up with you, i thought you was going to gradually increase the pace for the last lap and i wouldn't of kept up but you didn't i thought you made an attack on the last long climb before the small rolling hills so i counter attacked and you dropped back slightly so i kept going.
With out you pushing me on i wouldn't of kept going so hard.
:notworthy:

bridgy

Legendary Member
I really enjoyed the pain there. Put to the sword by all. Lee, you are on fire matey. Pete and Paul very strong, but with extra weight, but you hang in right at the front. I watched Dean and Lars battle it out, with some susustained 4w/kg periods. Well done everyone.
Yeah I was very grateful there weren't any big hills or Lee would have battered me again!!

berty bassett

Legendary Member
There was nowhere to hide was there ! Well done all ! I could see Pete and Bridgy moving away and there was nothing I could do
I don’t think trying that hard and making it to 55 go hand in hand you know ! :B)
The weird thing is - I enjoyed it
It didn’t take Paul long to get used to the neo did it !

peterob

Veteran
Those TTs are hard work - no resting in the draft just constant work and mind over matter. Helped having @peterob and @berty bassett constantly on my tail though - not sure I'd have kept digging so deep for so long if you hadn't been there. Great to race with you and for it to be so close between us
Yeah that was hard work but it was good seeing you in front on the board with Lee closing just behind. I didn't quite get close enough to you Paul to really get the urge to put in a do or die kick and chose to keep it steady until the end.

I think it does show that Zwift has been rather optimistic in giving me a high ftp from a couple of previous races (and stick me in cat A). My plan was to ride the first couple of laps at 10% below ftp and see how it felt. The answer was 'not good' - there was no way I could even keep up that level for an hour :wacko:

bridgy

Legendary Member
Yeah that was hard work but it was good seeing you in front on the board with Lee closing just behind. I didn't quite get close enough to you Paul to really get the urge to put in a do or die kick and chose to keep it steady until the end.

I think it does show that Zwift has been rather optimistic in giving me a high ftp from a couple of previous races (and stick me in cat A). My plan was to ride the first couple of laps at 10% below ftp and see how it felt. The answer was 'not good' - there was no way I could even keep up that level for an hour :wacko:
Well at just over an hour, that was a pretty good FTP test in itself don't you think? My average for the TT was 285 which is considerably less than the 332 I think Zwift currently estimates me at. I might change my FTP on Zwift to 290 based on this - unless anyone thinks this is a bad idea and an actual FTP test would be more accurate for any reason?

Norry1

Legendary Member
My Cat A days are behind me - and a good thing too, I always knew I didn't really belong with those guys! And I just noticed I got bronze in Cat B today so I quite like it here :biggrin:

The categories are a bit weird aren't they? I am pretty close to top of C, so I often podium on the flat or flattish races. But if I had say 10 more watts or weighed a few kg less, I'd be languishing right at the back of B. Guess which option is more motivating even though it means I am less good :smile:

OP
OP
CXRAndy

CXRAndy

Guru
Well at just over an hour, that was a pretty good FTP test in itself don't you think? My average for the TT was 285 which is considerably less than the 332 I think Zwift currently estimates me at. I might change my FTP on Zwift to 290 based on this - unless anyone thinks this is a bad idea and an actual FTP test would be more accurate for any reason?

It wont affect anything Paul, other than vanity.

Top Bottom