Zwift Chat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

bridgy

Legendary Member
It wont affect anything Paul, other than vanity.
Best to have an accurate FTP for workouts is what I was thinking about

peterob

Veteran
Well at just over an hour, that was a pretty good FTP test in itself don't you think? My average for the TT was 285 which is considerably less than the 332 I think Zwift currently estimates me at. I might change my FTP on Zwift to 290 based on this - unless anyone thinks this is a bad idea and an actual FTP test would be more accurate for any reason?
That was my thoughts exactly. I think this was essentially a 'full' ftp test and likely more accurate than the figures assigned by Zwift from a couple of short races.

I think I'll try the ftp ramp test than @CXRAndy posted the other day and see how that compares.

OP
OP
CXRAndy

CXRAndy

Guru
It probably wouldn't, i believe the ftp number, is the absolute best power theoretical for an hour, but rarely rider can achieve it.

A realistic number is just what we've done tonight

My Ftp a few days ago said 299, compared to 277 tonight . I know i could hit 299 bit I need good day and rested

bobinski

Legendary Member
Paul, fwiw I think you have your ftp after tonight. Racing for a full hour and a bit on a tt bike on the flat is just about perfect. But if you really want to do one don’t let any of us stop you^_^

berty bassett

Legendary Member
Well at just over an hour, that was a pretty good FTP test in itself don't you think? My average for the TT was 285 which is considerably less than the 332 I think Zwift currently estimates me at. I might change my FTP on Zwift to 290 based on this - unless anyone thinks this is a bad idea and an actual FTP test would be more accurate for any reason?
i dont take much notice of ftp to be honest , i dont think i have managed to finish a proper test , and i don't bother changing it in zwift when it goes up .
it all depends on the type of course for me , even though tonight was bloody hard , i think i would get a slightly higher reading if it was all up hill

Top Bottom