Zwift Chat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Breedon

Legendary Member
What reality setting you using for races Dean? I knock mine down to 30-40% so I can stay in front big ring whole race, else I' always dropping my chain! Could be worth considering ... I know many do this for the same reason :okay:
I'm at about 85%, if I lower it and going up the likes of box hill in the big ring and not feeling much resistance it seems unnatural to me

bobinski

Legendary Member
I'm at about 85%, if I lower it and going up the likes of box hill in the big ring and not feeling much resistance it seems unnatural to me

Well if you prefer getting your hands dirty AND losing to Lee then you stick at your 85%. Personally, if I could beat the bugger I would use every means at my disposal;):biggrin:

Tommy2

Über Member
Just on now, trainer not changing resistance and keeps dropping out (power and cadence readings - -?) is that internet or trainer/ant+ issue?

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)
Well if you prefer getting your hands dirty AND losing to Lee then you stick at your 85%. Personally, if I could beat the bugger I would use every means at my disposal;):biggrin:
Should be fairly easy to beat the bugger ... just need someone to hold him down, then we can take the bats to his knees ... that should slow him down a bit :ninja: Even with busted knees he'll still beat me, but at least I'll be a bit closer :rofl:

bridgy

Legendary Member
Just looking at my Strava stats for the year, and although I've done 242 rides this year so far, only 45 were outdoors :eek:.

Before I got a smart trainer, although I was doing fewer rides overall I was doing nearly three times as many real world, outdoor rides. At this time of year that would have mainly been mountain biking in all weathers and regular night rides on the mountain bike (I haven't done a single night ride this year).

Bkool and Zwift have made me soft :headshake:

Brusgaard

Über Guru
Before I got a smart trainer, although I was doing fewer rides overall I was doing nearly three times as many real world, outdoor rides. At this time of year that would have mainly been mountain biking in all weathers and regular night rides on the mountain bike (I haven't done a single night ride this year).

upload_2018-12-20_15-1-1.png

Here's my stats. Yellow is indoor, orange is outdoor. :ohmy:

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)
Just looking at my Strava stats for the year, and although I've done 242 rides this year so far, only 45 were outdoors :eek:.

99% of my rides are indoors these days ... maybe if I move back to London then I'll start to commute again, but for now, it's all virtual riding. So far this year I have ridden:

278 rides
6483 km
222 hours

Will end up being just short of 7000km by the end of the year, but I'm pretty pleased with that volume this year.

<Tommy>

Illegitimi non carborundum

Dunno... I’m the other end of the spectrum. I’ve only done 600 miles on the turbo this year. I much prefer being outside generally. But that number is so low because I haven’t had a turbo most of the year. If I had a turbo right now I’d be putting in a ton more miles and be fitter for it.

Sounds like you just need to make an effort to re address the balance.

<Tommy>

Illegitimi non carborundum
Seems like I'm way beyond the point of balance:
View attachment 443228

It looks like you’re still doing around 20% outside so there is still hope for you :smile:. Although without May and June that would be much lower. But I think some of these guys have forgotten how to put the rear wheel on the bike. And that’s if they knew in the first place! :laugh:

Top Bottom