Zwift Chat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)
Nicely warmed up ^_^
If you get a fast group like we had you'll smash my time.

Well chuffed I managed 2 races (54 mins and 58 mins) and had good watts for both (245 and 239). I did get a rest between races where I turned the pedals over so not as impressive as it looks on paper :tongue:

Whorty

Just checked Zwift and overall I rode 90km today across the 2 races plus the warm ups :wahhey: At weigh in today I was 81.4kg (12st 11lb) - lowest I've been in donkey's years. I've known my wife since I was 25 and she's never seen me below 12st 7lb. I am as chuffed as chuffed can be :biggrin:

Just looked at my first race times, and I recorded my 2nd and 3rd best times up Box Hill :okay:

Last edited:

JuhaL

Guru
Just checked Zwift and overall I rode 90km today across the 2 races plus the warm ups :wahhey: At weigh in today I was 81.4kg (12st 11lb) - lowest I've been in donkey's years. I've known my wife since I was 25 and she's never seen me below 12st 7lb. I am as chuffed as chuffed can be :biggrin:
It sounds that you are started to enjoy of Zwift, beware other riders :thumbsup:

Whorty

Such a cheeky little F..er!

No, not you Carl but that there Tommy:rolleyes:
:biggrin:

Those C’s were frigging B’s and I tried to get them to rein it in a bit and work as agroup. Carl and Martin tried too but some wanted to push on at 3.5w/k. I knew I wouldn’t last so put in a 20 min effort with a lot of draft assisted PB’s .
I didn't see you go Bob but not surprised. That was a horrible pace with the inclines. On the flats we could keep everyone together, but as soon as we hit an incline they went to 4 w/kg and totally blew the group apart. Your knee is getting there though; you're pushing some good watts already :okay: Shouldn't be long now before you're back to your old self .... well, old self without the old knee :biggrin:

bobinski

Legendary Member
I didn't see you go Bob but not surprised. That was a horrible pace with the inclines. On the flats we could keep everyone together, but as soon as we hit an incline they went to 4 w/kg and totally blew the group apart. Your knee is getting there though; you're pushing some good watts already :okay: Shouldn't be long now before you're back to your old self .... well, old self without the old knee :biggrin:

Knees not a worry, coming on nicely but bloody hell my lungs struggled to keep up today.
Your fitness is coming on leaps and bounds but gives me something to chase:okay:

Whorty

Knees not a worry, coming on nicely but bloody hell my lungs struggled to keep up today.
Your fitness is coming on leaps and bounds but gives me something to chase:okay:
I'm watching you get faster and ride longer and am in no doubt that once you're a full fitness you're a much, much stronger rider than me. I just hope as you get fitter again I can increase my fitness, and lose weight, so I can try to be competitive. I have Martin ahead I'm chasing, and you about to overtake me .... incentive enough to keep me focused :okay:

uclown2002

Guru
It resembles the graph at the bottom of Zwift as well… It is the just the way I ride, power on, power off->draft, losing positions, power on to regain position in front half, power off->draft… Also I have no power smoothing enabled (that I know of) on my Direto, so the power will fluctuate greatly.

Will probably look different in a H&H race, as people tend to work together and nobody tries to ride off the front. I'm not Summit member on Strava, so I can't see those graphs, but please post the one from the H&H on February 6th.

I expect the finish time for the front B's tonight will be 45-48 minutes max. I got dropped a few times yesterday, and rode alone a few km, which of course doesn't help...

You need to change your 'power on-power-off' technique because you are exploiting the ant+ bug (either intentionally or not) where the power sticks for 3 secs or so giving you an unfair advantage. It has nothing to do with power smoothing and all to do with stopping pedalling once you hit a large number of watts. You can see that on your graph if you zoom in and look at the flat tops. We (ZP) would normally suspend someone for a month if that was reported directly to us or otherwise discovered by us.

Top Bottom