Zwift Chat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
CXRAndy

CXRAndy

Guru
I will be on for 6pm. Out of sorts at the moment, not sure whether unwell or just subpar

peterob

Veteran
I will be on for 6pm. Out of sorts at the moment, not sure whether unwell or just subpar
I too feel somewhat out of sorts but I think that's largely having been lumped into A cat. Boy are those guys strong! :blink: Last night again I managed to stick with the bunch for a lap and a half but that just killed me for the rest of the race :sweat:. I had to cycle alone for a while but another A and a couple of B's caught me up after a while and we rode together pretty much until the end. I only saw Chris and Lars out on the road.

I've updated the CC league tables. Some good performances last night and targets for tonight's racers.

HH.png

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)
I too feel somewhat out of sorts but I think that's largely having been lumped into A cat. Boy are those guys strong! :blink: Last night again I managed to stick with the bunch for a lap and a half but that just killed me for the rest of the race :sweat:. I had to cycle alone for a while but another A and a couple of B's caught me up after a while and we rode together pretty much until the end. I only saw Chris and Lars out on the road.

I've updated the CC league tables. Some good performances last night and targets for tonight's racers.

View attachment 452250
Ouch ... Lars beat me by 2 seconds ... that hurts :B):surrender::cry::laugh:

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)

View attachment 452250
Just thinking (I know, a dangerous game) but couldn't those who have missed a stage look for another race (like Steen did) of the same length, same course and do that for a catch up. There are always races in London for example so those that missed Stage 1 should be able to find something to fill the gap. Just a thought

OP
OP
CXRAndy

CXRAndy

Guru
20190214_124112.jpg
Work in the sun to nearly finish my new bike

Just Shimano dynamo to fit
20190214_124112.jpg

LBHIFI

Veteran
Ouch ... Lars beat me by 2 seconds ... that hurts :B):surrender::cry::laugh:
I'm slowly getting fitness back. Zwift bumped me up to 258 watt ftp based on that ride. I did about 10 k solo, and thought I would just cruise in zone 2 to finish, but then along came Chris.

With my new setup I was able to see the progress of other CC'ers, which was kind of motivating, but just couldn't stay with the front B's for more than 20 min. Still better than the 5 min last time though.
I even managed to wave at Chris when he caught up. We worked together for a few km's, but I couldn't resist jumping on the B-train as they passed by (sorry Chris :whistle:)

upload_2019-2-14_16-19-9.png

LBHIFI

Veteran
You need to change your 'power on-power-off' technique because you are exploiting the ant+ bug (either intentionally or not) where the power sticks for 3 secs or so giving you an unfair advantage. It has nothing to do with power smoothing and all to do with stopping pedalling once you hit a large number of watts. You can see that on your graph if you zoom in and look at the flat tops. We (ZP) would normally suspend someone for a month if that was reported directly to us or otherwise discovered by us.
Well, it's not like he's trying to hide anything. You can just go to his YouTube channel and watch the race.
I think there's something wrong with the numbers coming from his hometrainer. I know I couldn't ride like that even if I tried.

Top Bottom