Zwift Chat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Aleman

Knees are FUBAR but I don't like to mention it
I hate to interrupt the high brow discussion that is ongoing - but anyone racing today?? :smile:
Just finished the 100Km Audax so No! ... And I'm not even going anywhere near a hill either!

Cymru am Byth!

EDIT: Just to point out that I can turn the pedals round on the Neo, and I dow actually pedal rather than exploit the ANT+ bug :tongue::tongue::tongue::tongue::tongue:

Power.png

Last edited:

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)
I hate to interrupt the high brow discussion that is ongoing - but anyone racing today?? :smile:
Not me. Completely buggered myself up yesterday on a hard 2 hour workout so taking a breather today. Was thinking of turning legs over but may not even do that. Will then aim for a longer one tomorrow :biggrin:

peterob

Veteran
Hi Pete, where is this ramp test exactly? I don't seem to be able to find it. Cheers. C
Hi Whorty. On mine, it's the last one of the list of workouts (see below).

You keep going until you can't keep up any more (basically the point that you hit the spiral of death on ERG mode).

Here'a a link to details of the test (no need to download as it is now already on Zwift) - https://zwiftinsider.com/step-test/
Here's a link to a page that does the calculations for you - https://zwifthacks.com/app/map-ftp-calculator/

Do remember to set your ftp as 100 before you start though. Otherwise it'll be very difficult (albeit short :laugh:).
GPLama.png

mjd1988

Guru
Aren't most of the paramilitary guys long gone or in politics now? Still get the crazy Christians in my mums home city, Cork. I've only spent a week in the north, that was in Derry, and a day in Belfast, quite liked both places.

thankfully yes very marginalised, although talk of a hard border is unsettling a lot of people.

Derry and Belfast are cracking cities, both very different to each other. Lived in Belfast for 12 years, totally changed even in that time

OP
OP
CXRAndy

CXRAndy

Guru
Had my first little trundle into town on the Genesis SS. 20miles It goes much quicker than the Kona MTB. Size wise the frame is spot on, tyres are a bit hard but roll fast-I'll add sealant to inner tubes and wear them out. My dynamo has arrived and Ill get it fitted this week. Gearing @ 65" is just about spot on for nice easy cadence on the flat but you need to push down harder on inclines and into headwinds.

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)
Had my first little trundle into town on the Genesis SS. 20miles It goes much quicker than the Kona MTB. Size wise the frame is spot on, tyres are a bit hard but roll fast-I'll add sealant to inner tubes and wear them out. My dynamo has arrived and Ill get it fitted this week. Gearing @ 65" is just about spot on for nice easy cadence on the flat but you need to push down harder on inclines and into headwinds.
My gearing is 69 (42/16) - this is what I used to ride in London. I'm OK on climbs up to 10%, but any more and I'll have to walk. On the flats it's a nice cruising gear.

Not been out on it since last year as I'm a fair weather cyclist round these parts. This was a longish ride I did last year. 44.5 km at an average of 24kph. Quite hilly too at 579 metres over that distance. Didn't walk once, steepest grade 10%

https://www.strava.com/activities/1670126282

Once weather picks up I'll be outside again and see how I do now I'm fitter and lighter ^_^

<Tommy>

Illegitimi non carborundum

Andy I am running 48 / 17 at the moment on my fixed bike. Have you got different sprockets to swap between? It’s well worth having options.

Love to see some pics of the bike :smile:

bridgy

Legendary Member
Guys I was just thinking if we could set up a TT for a stage of our little league.

Would it be possible do you think, to select a particular strava segment in Watopia for example that we could all do at any time on a TT bike? As the TT bike doesn't draft there would be no benefit or penalty from doing it within an organised race or not.

So, the question is, what would be a suitable segment that we would pass through if we start riding on a particular Watopia course?

In fact we could even set up one of those "meet-ups" and do it all together (well, whoever can make it) - just need to be riding TT bikes and know roughly where the segment starts and ends.

Any ideas what might work??

OP
OP
CXRAndy

CXRAndy

Guru
Andy I am running 48 / 17 at the moment on my fixed bike. Have you got different sprockets to swap between? It’s well worth having options.

Love to see some pics of the bike :smile:

Your gearing gives you about 2.5mph extra for same cadence. Mine is 42/17. Im not too concerned with speed, just the simplicity/ ease of maintenance and can take little knocks and wont get damaged. Its a shopper bike- the shame:blush: ^_^

Here is the bike
20190214_124112.jpg

Top Bottom