Zwift Chat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
CXRAndy

CXRAndy

Guru
Another failed attempt at the 100kph badge , Did a time trail up Bologna and hit the downhill ,topped out at 96kph , Does anyone now of a long 10 to 12% downhill in the climb portal , @HarryTheDog I think your around my weight have you got the badge ? If so where did you do it ? . My downhill effort today my have been thwarted due to be being daft and racing the TT instead of the z2 ride like I had planned but it's a race !! . Glad I did because I won 🏆 😁 and I was the heaviest C Cat

This was my Bologna downhill top speed. 70.4 mph 112 kph. Freewheeling

1000012166.jpg

JuhaL

Guru
Garmin connect is surprisingly excellent. Missing the social side of Strava but Strava have kind of destroyed that over time. For data it's more than enough for me, intervals.icu is too much so can't see the point of Strava premium at the minute personally

After a updates i like how Garmin connect looks these days. I also had intervals.icu but i cancel it same time with Strava. Intervals.icu mixed too much my head so i let it go as well. I bought Garmin RS200 pedals to my trainer bike few months ago. Garmin connect gives lot of info about pedaling dynamics, not for sure if i understand everything what it says ^_^

Peter Salt

Bittersweet
I deleted my strava account. I was start to think that it doesn’t give me any extra value, i have garmin connect already where is all i need. I try to keep things simple as possible. I don’t go any faster even if i had a 10 different programs where i can see my data.
Garmin connect is surprisingly excellent. Missing the social side of Strava but Strava have kind of destroyed that over time. For data it's more than enough for me, intervals.icu is too much so can't see the point of Strava premium at the minute personally
I stopped tracking everything altogether about the same time Zwift decided to put me in A. Unrelated... Or maybe related? I'm not sure. In any case - I track nothing, nowhere - no idea what my current stress is or even FTP.

As for Strava: Never tried premium. Well... They forced it down my throat once - I kept rejecting all the offers and trials and one day woke up to an email that basically said 'Sod it. Were sick of you saying 'no'. You have it now. Use it'. And then I did didn't do anything with the premium features. I do use Strava as an activity library, of sorts, and to see what others are up to.

P.S. I'm ill again! :cry: Hoping I won't have to do the 24 hours feeling like this.

IrishAl

** Full Time Pro **
I also ditched Strava premium about a year ago now, and like the Garmin connect dashboard much more. I also subscribe to intervals.icu for the workout planning and fitness tracking side. I do miss strava’s route planning and I’m a bit of a ‘heat map addict’ as I like to try and ride on new roads and colour in my personal heat map but I can live without it. I’ve used www.cycle.travel for route planning and find it ok.
I do worry Strava will eventually do away with the free version and my 10+ years worth of data.

Venod

Eh up
I do worry Strava will eventually do away with the free version and my 10+ years worth of data.

Before I came off Strava for a couple of years I downloaded all my history, then deleted my account, when my lad asked for some route ideas I joined again and uploaded all my data, so download your data now if you want to keep it, looking at my totals since joining Strava in 2011, I have 86,000 + miles of cycling recorded, add in the 2 years I wasn't using it and I .must be over 100,000 miles snce 2011, I wonder what my lifetime total is, I also have 2,300 miles of running on there, I think its maybe time to ditch it again and relax a little.

Last edited:

Peter Salt

Bittersweet
I also ditched Strava premium about a year ago now, and like the Garmin connect dashboard much more. I also subscribe to intervals.icu for the workout planning and fitness tracking side. I do miss strava’s route planning and I’m a bit of a ‘heat map addict’ as I like to try and ride on new roads and colour in my personal heat map but I can live without it. I’ve used www.cycle.travel for route planning and find it ok.
Before I came off Strava for a couple of years I downloaded all my history, then deleted my account, when my lad asked for some route ideas I joined again and uploaded all my data, so download your data now if you want to keep it, looking at my totals since joining Strava in 2011, I have 86,000 + miles of cycling recorded, add in the 2 years I wasn't using it and I .must be over 100,000 miles snce 2011, I wonder what my lifetime total is, I also have 2,300 miles of running on there, I think its maybe time to ditch it again and relax a little.
I always download every .fit file after the activity and then dump it in a folder on my drive, which then also syncs to the cloud. So in case I change my mind about tracking I have all that data ready to be uploaded.

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)
Not downloaded my FIT files from Strava yet, but if they were to remove the free version I'd just take my data and leave. I only use Strava really to track my total riding for a year. I'm not really one for analysing my numbers - knowing my FTP is useful, but not crucial. If i didn't know it, it wouldn't be the end of the world

Last edited:

JuhaL

Guru
When i quit my Strava account I didn't lose any data. I have always use simultaneously my Garmin 1030plus as well when I do my indoor rides. Only the kilometers are different (shorter) vs. Zwift and other apps because of slower speed. But that doesn't bother me.

Top Bottom