Zwift - Newbie

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

GetFatty

Über Member
So I got an Elite trainer in the end and have a years free access to their app however for videos, you have to pay extra. Is zwift the same or do I get all of it for the subscription?

rivers

How far can I go?
So I got an Elite trainer in the end and have a years free access to their app however for videos, you have to pay extra. Is zwift the same or do I get all of it for the subscription?
Access to everything for the monthly subscription

OP
OP
G

GetFatty

Über Member
Before pays my money, anyone got any other advice for a newbie? I’ve seen a couple of maps I can use for training but wonder how to make the most of it

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
There's lots of choices; Zwift, Rouvy, RGT. All have their positives and negatives.

I've ended up on Zwift because that's the popular one and my son prefers it. We use an Elite Zumo smart turbo on there.

Dan77

I got an Elite smart trainer and haven't used the app once. Went straight on to Zwift which I think is fantastic and is also great value for money considering everything is included in the monthly fee.

I also got a months free Zwift trial with the trainer. Did you not get the same? If so, that gives you plenty of time to try before you buy.

I think you get a weeks free trial for Zwift now. Get a fan and some towels and headbands for the sweat. Great fun though.

OP
OP
G

GetFatty

Über Member
I got an Elite smart trainer and haven't used the app once. Went straight on to Zwift which I think is fantastic and is also great value for money considering everything is included in the monthly fee.

I also got a months free Zwift trial with the trainer. Did you not get the same? If so, that gives you plenty of time to try before you buy.
No I only got a year of the Elite app free

OP
OP
G

GetFatty

Über Member
I think you get a weeks free trial for Zwift now. Get a fan and some towels and headbands for the sweat. Great fun though.
I was concerned I’d be cold in my conservatory at 5am this morning, I was very wrong.
I only managed 20 minutes though. Compared to real life, my gear seemed too high; my rpm was way too high (I’m a grinder); and the speed showing in zwift was too low. More research needed

Have you calibrated the trainers power curve? Some require this.

Also when connected at the pairing screen a little spanner should appear, if you click on it you can adjust the “realness” by default it is set to 50% but by setting to 100% the hills become more like real hills and the downhills become more like real downhills and you can spin out.

When it is less than 100% the uphills are easier but the downhills are harder due to the resistance.

OP
OP
G

GetFatty

Über Member
Have you calibrated the trainers power curve? Some require this.

Also when connected at the pairing screen a little spanner should appear, if you click on it you can adjust the “realness” by default it is set to 50% but by setting to 100% the hills become more like real hills and the downhills become more like real downhills and you can spin out.

When it is less than 100% the uphills are easier but the downhills are harder due to the resistance.
Ah I had eventually found that setting. This morning it was on 50% but I moved it the other way, I’ll move it back to 100% tomorrow.

I can see it’s going to take me a while to get it so I can do a couple of hours like i do on a road

OP
OP
G

GetFatty

Über Member
Sorry another question, is Bkool noticeably inferior to zwift? Just that there‘s a price difference

Top Bottom