Zwift - Newbie

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
G

GetFatty

Über Member
So I'm tending towards BKool. I like the way it forecasts the gradient for you and tells you when it will change, maybe Zwift does that too but I've not figured out how yet. Also, and this may be the clincher, Zwift seems a bit "gobby". I was riding a route today, just a route not an event, with other people on it when one guy starts texting "Can you lot not speak English? I told you to wait up and let the group come back together". I don't like being told what to do on a real road let alone in my conservatory!!

CXRAndy

Guru
So I'm tending towards BKool. I like the way it forecasts the gradient for you and tells you when it will change, maybe Zwift does that too but I've not figured out how yet. Also, and this may be the clincher, Zwift seems a bit "gobby". I was riding a route today, just a route not an event, with other people on it when one guy starts texting "Can you lot not speak English? I told you to wait up and let the group come back together". I don't like being told what to do on a real road let alone in my conservatory!!

The message isnt to you, its a group message on a group ride. At any one time there are races, social events taking place. These riders have signed up to ride together for the duration.

Because of multiple languages of riders some who sign up for certain events dont know the rules. Zwift is a very social platform, lots of ride on thumbs up :okay:

Once you start to make friends (followers) you will get messages, ride ons. There is always a little bit of banter, dont take it personally

There is a gradient display in the top right corner where you can see the profile of what you're currently on and what is coming. I agree that particular feature isnt as obvious. I would like Zwift to adopt something like Bkool or others gradient display.

OP
OP
G

GetFatty

Über Member
The message isnt to you, its a group message on a group ride. At any one time there are races, social events taking place. These riders have signed up to ride together for the duration.

Because of multiple languages of riders some who sign up for certain events dont know the rules. Zwift is a very social platform, lots of ride on thumbs up :okay:

Once you start to make friends (followers) you will get messages, ride ons. There is always a little bit of banter, dont take it personally

There is a gradient display in the top right corner where you can see the profile of what you're currently on and what is coming. I agree that particular feature isnt as obvious. I would like Zwift to adopt something like Bkool or others gradient display.
Ah ok. Just a bit disconcerting.

I could see what gradient I was on but not what was coming up but that could be because I wasn’t wearing my glasses

Thanks for the response

chriswoody

Legendary Member
Where do I do that please, gets on my tits!

It's in the settings menu under show group chat:

straas

Matt

Have to agree with some of the comments that pop up - so cringy.

Really silly question. Can I use a wireless keyboard/mouse dongle that runs on 2.4ghz not Bluetooth as an Ant+ dongle or is it totally different protocol? Been tight, if I can save £10 I will!

CXRAndy

Guru
Really silly question. Can I use a wireless keyboard/mouse dongle that runs on 2.4ghz not Bluetooth as an Ant+ dongle or is it totally different protocol? Been tight, if I can save £10 I will!

I doubt it. Just buy ant+. Or use an Android phone to run the simulation on

CXRAndy

Guru

I doubt it. Just buy ant+. Or use an Android phone to run the simulation on

Top Bottom