Zwift, Tour of Watopia 2018

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

bobinski

Legendary Member
Surprised that legs ok today. I didn’t enjoy those seated tower climbs but being sat down meant I didn’t overdo it. Drank a litre of chocolate milk straight after and did not stop eating till I went to bed. Slept like a babe:smile:

bobinski

Legendary Member
I didn't do all the Tour rides and the change in weather means i might just fit them all in at the end of the week.
That aside i need to sort out IRL rides along with a training regime that anticipates my Pyrenees trip, so perhaps lots of brvr, and also trying to keep up with you power guys on the Tour of Cambridge which is all flat. Ummh...not going to be easy.

Aleman

Knees are FUBAR but I don't like to mention it
Well you are 4 rides behind on the Goats League @bobinski and BRVR have introduced 2 Marmotte challenges, the alps one starts today and finishes on the 8th May, and the Pyrenees Marmotte starts on the 8th May and finishes on the 22nd May.

I'm thinking of doing the Alp Marmotte to taper down for Mallorca on the 5th, and the Pyrenees Marmotte to 'recover' when we get back on the 15th ... 5 climbs in 7 days doesn't seem like much of a recovery though :rofl:

JuhaL

Guru
I'm thinking of doing the Alp Marmotte to taper down for Mallorca on the 5th, and the Pyrenees Marmotte to 'recover' when we get back on the 15th ... 5 climbs in 7 days doesn't seem like much of a recovery though :rofl:
Maybe you are found a core what we call as pain tolerance. Pain turns to pleasure :becool:

bobinski

Legendary Member
Well you are 4 rides behind on the Goats League @bobinski and BRVR have introduced 2 Marmotte challenges, the alps one starts today and finishes on the 8th May, and the Pyrenees Marmotte starts on the 8th May and finishes on the 22nd May.

no, it doesn't but just think how strong you will feel when you return from the Mallorca :training:

JLaw

Veteran
So why did you go like a bat out of hell up the first climb ha ha - I was pushing too hard initially to stay with you, then just dropped the pace to get up with something left. Climb to the tower was OK, as was the drop down. On the flats I managed to work with a few other riders. never a big group, but enough to get some benefit and rest. I could see you slowly pulling me back and then you was as close as 3 seconds behind me as we hit the hill for the second time. I saw you dropping back so I did consider going back to help, but to be honest, I wasn't feeling too good by then and the thought of a few more minutes on the hill wasn't too appealing. I just paced myself up the KoM as 20-30 riders came past me. I couldn't react to anything though. Managed to find a rider on the down and we worked to catch 2 other riders on the flat. We worked OK until 2 got dropped on the little climbs. Just 2 of us then for the final 3 km, which felt the longest 3 km of my life. I am well and truely buggered now!!

Pleased with my time though :tongue:
I was asking myself the same question about you -- I was just trying to keep pace with you and it seemed we were well above the 180-200W range :-) I dropped anchor on the climb up to the tower...

Our little group did catch you briefly just before the reverse climb. By the time you reached the pass I was about a mile back. I'd sent you a text not to wait for me as I was going to be slow...

I was very much in no-mans land for the last 5 miles. Nobody to share the load with, so I just slowly puttered to the finish line, barely breaking 3 hours I think.

I have rides #1-#3 to make up this weekend. It's going to hurt.

Breedon

Legendary Member
I was asking myself the same question about you -- I was just trying to keep pace with you and it seemed we were well above the 180-200W range :-) I dropped anchor on the climb up to the tower...

Our little group did catch you briefly just before the reverse climb. By the time you reached the pass I was about a mile back. I'd sent you a text not to wait for me as I was going to be slow...

I was very much in no-mans land for the last 5 miles. Nobody to share the load with, so I just slowly puttered to the finish line, barely breaking 3 hours I think.

I've got stages 6&7 to do :wacko:

berty bassett

Legendary Member
I've got stages 6&7 to do :wacko:
you'll be ok to do them back to back :okay::whistle::training:

OP
OP
Whorty

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)

Ha ha .... maybe we need to start using Discord so we can have a proper conversation :tongue: that last few miles for you must have been painful being on your own :sad: Even with company it was hard work, but at least I have wheels to suck :B)

Top Bottom