Zwift, Tour of Watopia 2018

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

bobinski

Legendary Member

bobinski

Legendary Member
63-38 for stage 6 please.

Above and beyond...
PR’s up the mountain but just couldn’t hold it for the tower. Back was hurting.

Teamed up for last 10km with a woman who waited for me then schooled me with 10w/k in the sprint :eek::B):biggrin:

New threshold of 248 and HR threshold of 168.

I will sleep well tonight

berty bassett

Legendary Member
:biggrin::biggrin:update on the tubeless tyres
deflated them today , took tubes out , fitted valve , blew up with no goo in them - and they went up!!
let them down again and put stuff in the valve , blew up , no mess , no swearing and they are holding :biggrin::biggrin:
if i was to try again i would definitely try a dry run first to seat them then worry about latex after
now just for some dry weather to try them out for a few miles to see if i will put them on the 'trip ' bike
you wouldn't believe how happy i was when i heard them pinging into place :wahhey:

CXRAndy

Guru
Good little method Lee

bobinski

Legendary Member
All to play for Bob :smile:

:laugh:

Andy, I have to admit that when I started yesterday , however unrealistic, I had your cumulative time in mind. I started carefully resisting the temptation to go with Eric Min and Lee. But when Lee got dropped and I decided to bridge the minute to him I burnt too many matches and threw my back out. That’s why he dropped me on the final climb. Well, he could have dropped me anyway on any other day but he was not riding at his best. I had to ride seated so power dropped. I took a good rest and stretched before the next stage but same problem hit me on the tower. It’s annoying because the deep resistance band assisted squats I have been doing have to led to a huge improvement with my knee which is why my power is getting closer to my best. Also, the groups are smaller in the catch up rides so I am actually putting out more watts riding alone for less speed on the flats where your power will always have the advantage. So, that’s my long winded way of saying 3 sisters is not the ride to make up time today. That’s not to say I won’t try ;) And I have now lined up a cracking excuse :okay:

Top Bottom